INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All zeros and ones are the same..Yeah right..Blind testing Foobar against JRiver  (Read 1328 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Blindtesting a few hi res songs between my "former" favorite player against JRiver... All right JRiver you win 6 out of 6....Difference is scaringly good...All right it took a few years to adapt but I'm sold now...Interface...still prefer foobar but I just had more time then to customize it... But then came two boys...less time to customise jriver....who cares anyway it's all about sound!

But I will try MM later on just to "see".......It's all one's and zeroes right? :)

theoctavist

• World Citizen
  • a bad liver and a broken heart.

I am a JRiver convert too, but unless the "test" is double blind , it is of no real value.

and unless there is some DSP that JRiver does I am unaware of, the sound should not differ between any media player... digital audio is well understood. 

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

First of all...I wouldn't consider myself "converted"...However for sound, different story...If you have a good set-up, and a good wife/girlfriend/buddy to switch between JRiver and another player (foobar in my case) while your eyes are closed as I too could not believe the difference should be noticeable...try it and post back...If you're trying this with your PC soundcard and your Ipod headhpones then you're absolutely right..Digital audio is well understood!

I need to try this again with MediaMonkey and Itunes...
Pages: [1]   Go Up