INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BBC4 HD on UK Freeview  (Read 1704 times)

quartermain

BBC4 HD on UK Freeview
« on: March 23, 2014, 01:32:44 pm »

I'm trying out MC with a TBS 6285 quad DVB-T2 card. I did a channel scan selecting UK/Crystal Palace. I see BBC1, BBC2, ITV1 and C4 in HD but not BBC3, BBC4 or Al Jazeera. I had a look at the "DVB Frequencies.xml" file and the relevant mux is listed so I don't know why these would not be picked up. They are relatively recent though. Is there another config file somewhere I can edit to get them to be found?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: BBC4 HD on UK Freeview
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 11:22:25 am »

I wonder if other people who live in UK also experience the same problem.  There is no other configuration that is needed if correct frequencies are listed in the DVB Frequencies.xml file.  The only thing that I can think of is the quality and strength of the signal of these channels at your location.  Have you tried adjusting your antenna?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 03:10:04 pm »

Please confirm one obvious port of call. Latest drivers loaded?
http://www.tbsdtv.com/download/

Before adjusting your antenna, what feedback do you get from the tuner's software regarding signal strength / quality data? Many tuner software have their own TV viewing software. Does this work?

Also, what advice can you get from the BBC? If you guys still pay for a licence, then that should get you some level of customer service..  ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 09:30:32 am »

you will find its not available in your region yet. I had the same issue. If it is available make sure you scan when it is broadcasting i.e 7pm onwards.  MC18 doesn't show up channels that are off air!

Pages: [1]   Go Up