INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: manual tuning ITVHD  (Read 1500 times)

Wull

• World Citizen
manual tuning ITVHD
« on: March 26, 2014, 02:17:51 pm »

Hi.

I have a TBS8922 TV card. For some reason I am not receiving ITVHD. So I was wandering how or what do I need to change/run to carry out a manual scan 'if possible'?

(This is all a little alien to me)  ?

thanks.

Will

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: manual tuning ITVHD
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 09:52:23 pm »

Generally, automatic scanning does the job.

May be pure coincidence but would the comments here apply to your case?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=88272.0
Is time of day the issue?
Also, the obvious question around drivers is worth ticking off.

Finally, are you supposed to get ITV HD coverage where you are?
http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/mytvregion
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 09:56:24 pm »

Apologies if you've already been down this path but some further points to check. How did you go working through the Wiki advice?
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Television

There are plenty of links to follow through in that Wiki post. I'll leave it to you to chase up all the leads.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 03:45:54 am »

Hi.

Thank you for your replays.

Yes I can receive ITVHD in my area 'LA11 U.K.' I receive it through my HUMAX HD freesat box.

I wouldn't have thought running a scan at a particular time would have helped, as ITVHD is on all the time, saying this, i do generally anyway around 6pm anyway.

Strangely, when I open the ITVHD program list jriver picks up and displays what program is being played, also, the background picture changes to that channel.

I am sure the Device manager said I was using the most upto date the last time I checked. 'I have just reinstalled W7' I will double check this again later.

Cheers.

Will

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 01:40:33 am »

Is time of day the issue?

This was a useful Tip. Since my last scan 'which I ran after 7 pm' I receive more 'shared' channels. Unfortunately, 'after reading and trying a couple of work around's' I still have not been able to get ITVHD.

Pages: [1]   Go Up