INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: How to restore a library  (Read 2704 times)

Otello

• World Citizen
Re: How to restore a library
« on: March 27, 2014, 09:09:07 am »

Well, I think I have a similar question (please move to a new topic if it's not).

I use both Windows and Mac JR versions, using the same archive on a NAS.
I can restore a Windows library and at least get my settings, but of course there is the problem of the different absolute path, so I have to delete the library and start again.
(Please note the client/server solution ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87831.0  ) is not usable for my neeeds. )

But reading this thread I'm wondering: could it be possible to modify the absolute path in the library file with a script similat to the one by MrC?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 02:17:22 pm »

Well, I think I have a similar question (please move to a new topic if it's not).

I use both Windows and Mac JR versions, using the same archive on a NAS.
I can restore a Windows library and at least get my settings, but of course there is the problem of the different absolute path, so I have to delete the library and start again.
(Please note the client/server solution ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87831.0  ) is not usable for my neeeds. )

See Moving Files.  Restore the library, and use the Update option in Rename, Move & Copy.

I'm not clear on how well restoring platform X's MC library onto platform Y will work, but you can try.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 02:31:41 pm »

I don't think you can restore a Library from one to the other.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
  • "I picked a helluva day to install MC!"
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 09:03:50 pm »

I'm reading the "more than 120-day warning" and hoping this will be read.

I'm having trouble moving my server from win7 desktop (ethernet connectivity) to win7 laptop (wifi connection). All files live on NAS.

Worked fine on desktop, now cannot connect to the library, but...

Is there an actual *file* that I can point to (a "library" file?) for using the 2nd radio button ("add llibrary local library or create new")? I'm pointing it to my "SongVault" folder where all the music lives, but it's obviously not happy ("cannot point to non-empty folder for new library"). Do I need to Restore my library first???

I tried to point it to where the zip files are stored in a backup, but that's clearly not right (no, I haven't read about restoring libraries, as I don't think I need to!).

Pages: [1]   Go Up