INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Background art  (Read 1412 times)

jdizzy623

• World Citizen
Background art
« on: March 27, 2014, 05:09:37 pm »

A few of my movies are not showing the backgrounds (fanart) in Theater view.
Where can I put the background files so they will be picked up?
Thanks

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Background art
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 06:21:15 am »

The Movie backdrops are downloaded from TMDb. In my experience, if some of them doesn't show up it's because the movie name doesn't match the name TMDb uses. Try and go to their website and check if your movie name matches the one they use. If not, the field "Name" is the one you want to modify.

jdizzy623

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 10:00:09 am »

It's a shame that JRM won't display fanart from folder.

I read in a post that someone suggested adding your artwork to TMDB so JRM could download it.... really?!
Maybe download isn't the correct word? From the way it sounds it is more like 'stream' it.

Wouldn't it be easier and beneficial for many customers to be able to have TMDS check your movie folder for artwork and display it if it exists?
When scanning in your library most scrapers now download images for cover, fanart (background), clearart, logos, disc, and in some cases theme songs.

Just a thought to make JRM even better - at least in my opinion.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 05:17:23 am »

It's a shame that JRM won't display fanart from folder.

This has been on Peoples wish list for a long time. I support this as well. I even think there should be an option to prioritize manually added files like fanart, background etc. before loading the internet backgrounds. It could be a lot more snappy than todays solution.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 05:42:43 am »

This has been on Peoples wish list for a long time. I support this as well. I even think there should be an option to prioritize manually added files like fanart, background etc. before loading the internet backgrounds. It's could be a lot more snappy than todays solution.
its been on mine :) . i have turned it of a long time a go, since i find the images changing when in playing now thv (even when there is no music playing) very distracting (for me personaly, i understand it when people like it). so when i could just get one picture per artist, maybe one i took myself as a background. i would love that. and then when i go through my movies, i enjoy what ever it picks..

and mc is such a powerfull database, why not use it setting/getting backgrounds and stuff...

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up