INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying JRiver  (Read 1598 times)

VandyMan

Trying JRiver
« on: March 29, 2014, 01:13:32 pm »

I decided to finally give JRiver a try on my Mac. I downloaded version 19. When it started, it found an update, which I installed giving me the latest version. I restarted and tried to import my music off my NAS drive. Crash. I restarted and tried looking at the options. Crash. Crash. I let it do the import on its own, instead of pointing it to my NAS. It finds a few albums (I have over 1000) and then crashes. Crashed six times in five minutes before I gave up. Whats going on? I made no customizations, added no skins or plugins. Just using it as-is. Is it just not ready for prime time yet?

Side note: what is with the non-standard menus? Yours don't seem to properly close and they look kinda ugly. I think you are creating a window to simulate a menu for some reason (cross-platform?), but it is not good.

JohnAV

• Recent member
Re: Trying JRiver
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 05:30:31 pm »

Which MC19 Mac version are you using?  (122?)  What's your mac setup?  (model/OS X release)

VandyMan

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 01:34:13 pm »

As I said, it updated its self to the latest version. About box says 19.0.119. Running on a Mid-2011 Mac Mini w/ 10.9.2 (fully updated) and 16 GB RAM.

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 07:40:11 pm »

Try importing a few folders at a time. It sounds like you have some "bad" files which are causing Media Center to crash when trying to import them.

Once you find out what those are, it would be useful to email one to: logs(at)jriver(dot)com with a description of the problem.

VandyMan

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 06:11:07 am »

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think that is practical since I have over 1000 folders to import. I doubt any are "bad" as iTunes and Spotify don't seem to have any problems importing.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 07:39:37 am »

As I said, it updated its self to the latest version. About box says 19.0.119. Running on a Mid-2011 Mac Mini w/ 10.9.2 (fully updated) and 16 GB RAM.
19.0.122 is in a thread at the top of this board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up