INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art reassignment  (Read 1973 times)

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
Cover art reassignment
« on: March 29, 2014, 11:36:52 pm »

MC keeps crashing when I try to re-assign the location of my saved cover art.
In fact it shows the list of saved files as grayed out.
And as soon as I hit the ok button to accept the new location, the spinning beach ball pops up, followed ≈30 sec later with a crash report being sent to apple.
I have done this 4-5 times thus far under differing conditions (playing music. ready to play music, just after the app finished loading, etc.) all with the same behavior.

Is this a bug?
Or is there a work around?

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Cover art reassignment
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 10:43:55 pm »

Has anyone had any experience with this problem?

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 09:00:27 am »

I've tried to duplicate the problem here, but haven't been able to yet.  Can you describe the steps you're taking and I'll follow the same steps here?  Thanks!
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 03:57:37 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

After setting up a new boot volume and migrating all my apps etc into it to make it the primary use volume, I also wanted to change the location of the folder that MC would use for album art.

The old location for this album art is still in place (on the desktop on the new boot volume).
So I consolidated and then duplicated this folder to the same HD volume as all of my music is stored on (a separate drive).

When I open this new folder (which is on the root level of my music drive), what I see is all the album art is grayed out and not selectable.
I can hit the 'open' button but MC responds with "There was a problem moving the cover art folder", and the newly selected folder location is ignored.
Also I can choose just the album art folder itself (without opening it) and then hit 'OK' but MC comes back with the same "There was a problem moving the cover art folder" with the only option of hitting the 'OK' button.

IOW I can't select this new location for the album art.

There is another anomaly which seems to be related but I can only guess.
The existing chosen album art folder (on the desktop) currently contains only 1 file (it should have 271 files).
I can repopulate this folder with the contents of all of my saved album art but after doing so and then attempting to change the location for the album art to its new location, all the files are deleted except for one.

IOW in making the attempt to change the location of the album art, the existing selected album art location has all of its contents deleted save for 1 file.

Thanks for looking into this    JJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up