INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import Issues  (Read 1526 times)

steverosspeter

• Recent member
Import Issues
« on: April 03, 2014, 08:58:14 am »

Hi, been looking on the forums for an answer to these questions with no luck, so can anyone answer a couple of import issues I've been having.

1) Occasionally when importing, using the "Run Auto Import Now" feature, a file or whole folder will be ignored, I can only seem to remedy this by using the "Import a single Folder" method. Not a huge issue, but I have a large music collection, some I am converting from CD's individually so not an issue, but some are already digital which I am gradually importing and tagging and I am worried some albums might be missed.

2) When I "Run Auto Import Now", even when there is nothing to import, the dialog box ALWAYS states it is "searching" and then "adding ### of 408 files to library", followed by "Analysing Library", followed by something which is so briefly displayed I can't tell what it says, finally followed by the import summary.
Clicking on the details button displays the following:

Library now has 62617 files. Search and update took 0:03.
Imported 0 new files.
In-depth details:

Again not a huge issue, more that I am concerned it might be a symptom of a more serious problem.
Any feedback much appreciated, even if to confirm they are common issues.
Cheers

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Import Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 09:44:00 am »

"Imported 0 new files" may just mean that they have previously been imported since auto import is always active.

steverosspeter

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 09:55:16 am »

Thanks for the reply, but I don't have auto import enabled, and it is always the same number 408???

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 10:00:04 am »

408 bad files?

Why not leave auto import running?  That's what it's for.

steverosspeter

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 10:57:34 am »

I will when I've finished the main import, doing them in batches makes it easier to know where I've got to.
I wondered if they might be bad files, but can't work out how to identify them; any ideas.
Cheers anyway

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 11:03:10 am »

I will when I've finished the main import, doing them in batches makes it easier to know where I've got to.
There is a playlist called Recently Imported.  In Options, you can choose to keep it or refresh it between sessions.

steverosspeter

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 11:50:20 am »

Good point, I'm just used to using the star rating system for importing and organising new music, still won't change the "error message", do you know if there is a way to access the importing history retrospectively?
Pages: [1]   Go Up