INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging Musical Video  (Read 2231 times)

Otello

• World Citizen
Tagging Musical Video
« on: March 29, 2014, 07:50:51 am »

Almost one year later, I start again from here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80574.0

I DO need the Composer and Conductor fields available for Video files.
I think I'm not asking for the Moon, just to unlock 2 tags 2 that, for reason I cannot understand, have been disabled for video.

Please understand that video is not only series. ;)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Tagging Musical Video
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 04:25:14 pm »

Do any of the options posted in the original thread work for you?
JRiver CEO Elect

Otello

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 06:21:56 pm »

Dear Jmone,
I'm asking for no more than 10 seconds programming work; Video files now allow about 60-70 tags, I only ask to include 2 of the most important tags for Audio: without Composer and Conductor, video cannot be used for Classic music. 
I repeat, I'm not asking for the Moon.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 06:32:38 pm »

jmone is a user like you.  He can't grant your wish.

Otello

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 07:41:14 pm »

I beg your pardon, Sir, maybe I misunderstood the meaning of Administrator under Jmone avatar.

Jim, the lack of some of the most common tags for video files is simply wrong, it's a bug and should be fixed.

Even iTunes accept Composer and Conductor for Video Files.  :P

Ciao
Marco

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 07:47:46 pm »

Hi Marco,
I wish I could wave a wand and have tried to advance my (long) list of personal changes but.... JRiver is the master of their own destiny.  I realise that the "Admin" could cause confusion but do have a disclaimer of sorts in my sig (see the bottom of my posts).

....anyway for now, the workarounds for me works (see pic).  

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Otello

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 07:27:12 am »

Hi Nathan,

yes, I see now your disclaimer; I admit I deserve little/no attention to taglines. ;)

About your workaround, I imagine I misunderstood your suggestion and I'm making something wrong; fact is I tried your setting last year, I tried again Yesterday night, but I only got JR hanged.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 06:41:19 pm »

See if this walkthrough helps:
- Add Library View (Pic1): "View --> Add View --> Add Library View" than Select you preferred Layout, then enter "Music Video" for "Name" and select (Root) for "Location".  Once done Click "OK".  At this stage it shows All Your files and all Tags are available
- Add Composer / Conductor Columns (Pic2) : Right click on one of the Column Headings in you new view and check "Composer" and "Conductor" (+ any others you may want) and they will be added as Columns
- Customise View (Pic3): Right Click on your "Music Video" view --> Customise View --> Set Rules for File Display.  Under Rules, slect "Media Sub Type" "is" "Music Video"

You may find you view now changes to Thumbnails (not a list), so change it to List View (see Pic4)

Done.  You should now have the tags you want exposed + only showing Music Videos

You can of course modify the view to suit you needs.  I use "[Media Sub Type]=[Music Video] ~sort=[Track #],[Album Artist (auto)],[Album],[Disc #],[Name]" and remove Genre from the Panes.

If you don't like the new View Scheme at the Top Level you can also just drag it (move) under the the existing categories like "Video"
JRiver CEO Elect

Otello

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 06:54:34 am »

Dear Nathan, I really appreciate your efforts ;)
Well, I think it is what I did, but of course I'd make something more/less, as JR hangs while accessing the new view I created...

Now I'm at the office, but this evening I'll try again with a print out your instructions on my side.
In the meantime I've a couple of questions:

- Moving the new view from root to an existing category: this way you must modify the stock view rules, too?
I mean: if for instance I create a new view showing all my Operas, both Audio and Video, if I nest this new view under either Audio or Video stock category, then I have to modify the Audio or Video rule for showing both Audio and video Mediatypes, right?

- You can of course modify the view to suit you needs.  I use "[Media Sub Type]=[Music Video] ~sort=[Track #],[Album Artist (auto)],[Album],[Disc #],[Name]" and remove Genre from the Panes.
Sorry, I don't understand where you put this settings.

Thanks again ;)
Marco

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 04:01:00 am »

Hi Marco, See if you can get this working first and we can then expand on what it shows (eg show both Audio and Music Video in one is easy if that is what you want).  I'm away for a couple of days so can not post screen shots if needed but you will see an "Import/Export"  button on one of the screen shots.  If you go in there and paste the "[Media Sub Type]=[Music Video] ~sort=[Track #],[Album Artist (auto)],[Album],[Disc #],[Name]" it will then populate the fields in that Diag for you.
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Otello

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 08:01:37 am »

Well, I keep my fingers crossed, but now it seems to work.
BTW, I'm wondering what I made wrong before... ;)
For the record, I created a new root view with both audio and video media type enabled.

Thanks

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 02:50:15 pm »

Excellent - well done!
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up