INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Metadata issues  (Read 1718 times)

BROOKSC

• Recent member
Metadata issues
« on: March 31, 2014, 05:17:11 pm »

I have previously put about 500 cd’s on a hard drive using EAC. Most are WAV files and some are Flac.

I was using foobar at the time. Since I have changed computers from pc to mac I have not been able to import my files without them showing as one GIANT unassigned file.

I used to be able to access my hard drive through the Files menu. My external hard drive is not showing under that menu. The song titles will show but no album heading. It appears that I might  be missing some Metadata.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Metadata issues
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 06:32:24 pm »

It would seem you are missing the Album tag.  Since they are WAV files, this is not unexpected (as the WAV format does not have a tagging standard).

Do you folder paths or file names contain the Album?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

BROOKSC

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 08:19:31 pm »

my wav file looks like this on my external drive;  artist name, date, time,file folder. Some have name of cd instead of  artist. I really appreciate the response. Thanks

MrC

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 08:30:24 pm »

Since you generally don't have the Album name, there's no way for MC to discover it.  You can use Fill Properties for Filename to grab the CD name from your paths, where it exists.  Show some actual full paths for more help.  You can select files from the file list, and paste the contents into a reply.

BROOKSC

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 08:35:06 pm »

An example of the hard drive file will read  like this; E:Expansion Drive(E:)>music>jazz>Bill Evans Trio 3/30/2014 6:24 AM File Folder. I'm not sure how I might fix this so JRiver can read this correctly

MrC

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 08:50:25 pm »

Please paste the exact path, because accuracy is required in order to pull out the pieces.  Also, this path does not match the template you mentioned of Artist, Date, ... since it also includes genre.  If there is not a reliable, or semi-reliable pattern, you won't have good results.

BROOKSC

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 09:56:56 pm »

You gave me an idea to look a little harder at the path to read the files. I was able to add genre to the path and it accepted everything. I do have a problem . The files I deleted when I trying to configure things were automatically skipped when the files were extracted. Is there an easy way to extract these 112 files as well? Thanks so much.

MrC

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 10:10:09 pm »

Go to Tools> Import > Configure Auto-Import, and disable  the Skip files previously deleted option.  Re-run auto import.
Pages: [1]   Go Up