INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sacramento Speakers  (Read 1611 times)

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Sacramento Speakers
« on: March 24, 2014, 05:03:34 pm »

I've been invited to SF this weekend for a new speaker launch and GTG with a bunch of guys from AVS Forum and Keith Yates. 

Keith Yates had a recent podcast in which he talked about how most DSP doesn't "get the math right."

I wasn't planning on going, but this sounds like a neat way to get a lot done at once good excuse to give my wife why I need to go to San Francisco. If you can't find anyone else, send me an e-mail.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Sacramento Speakers
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 07:13:42 pm »

Rob, the host of the GTG, is getting three full range main speakers and will be routing the LFE to each speaker. I explained (I'm desertdome at AVS) how to do this with JRiver in the JTR Speaker thread at AVS. He was going to try it, but decided to try using some older Rane processors first. We have been having a PM conversation and he may still try JRiver but probably not on Saturday. I did get a bunch of PM's from others that read the thread that wanted to know more about JRiver's DSP capability.

The Savoy theater in West Des Moines, IA will be using JRiver exclusively and have 15 channels. I will be documenting in the build thread the implementation using JRiver. I'll also start a thread here.

This is off topic, but I had one of the moderators from Home Theater Shack at my house a few weeks ago for a complete audio/video demo of JRiver. He may write an article for HTS about JRiver. Like beta testers here, he is just a volunteer so its up to his schedule/desire whether he writes the article.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Sacramento Speakers
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 07:48:33 pm »

Great work, desertdome! :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Sacramento Speakers
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 12:16:28 pm »

Desertdome (mojave) showing MC at the GTG:

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Sacramento Speakers
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 12:17:16 pm »

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Sacramento Speakers
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 01:21:53 pm »

Thanks for this, Jim, and mojave!
I'm having a busy week, and it's hard not to keep reading the GTG thread for way too long.
Pages: [1]   Go Up