INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to set MC19 client to use TV from Server ?  (Read 1524 times)

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
How to set MC19 client to use TV from Server ?
« on: April 17, 2014, 12:41:18 pm »

As more new features have been added to Television in MC19, I decided to give it another try today.

I enabled recording on the PC that has TV tuners and it recorded the first scheduled show correctly.  I can play that file over the network using Windows Explorer.

What I don't see is how to set a Client to use the Server on the tuner PC for Television ?  I have a different PC that I use as an audio Media Server, so each Client would need to be able to choose one Server for Television and another for Audio.

Thanks!

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
Re: How to set MC19 client to use TV from Server ?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 12:52:38 pm »

It has been a while since I set this up, but I don't think you need to do anything on the client.  After you connect the client to the tv media server, the client should see the guide from the server and you select the show to watch.  If you have tuners in the client, it will try to use them first, so you will need to disable them.  

Are you trying to watch through standard view or theaterview?

Alex

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 12:56:34 pm »

You might have to use authentication on the server so you enter a login and password.  It's under Media Network.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 01:39:09 pm »

So is using a TV Server, actually adding a Library Server from the MC19 connected to the tuners ?

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 02:47:50 pm »

So is using a TV Server, actually adding a Library Server from the MC19 connected to the tuners ?

Yes.

Alex

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 04:15:54 pm »

You might have to use authentication on the server so you enter a login and password.  It's under Media Network.

I can confirm that I needed to do this so that i could remote into the server from a client and schedule recording tasks. Without it, I was able to go through the process but a record job wasn't retained by the server.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up