INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recording equalized audio into separate wav's  (Read 944 times)

Megasoid

• Recent member
Recording equalized audio into separate wav's
« on: April 04, 2014, 01:59:35 pm »

I used to be able to use DFX to be able to record equalized wav files to separate folder then add them to my ipod. Since DFX has gone to a new format I am not able to do this anymore. Is there a way to use J. Rivers DSP's to do this? Thanks, Megasoid

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Recording equalized audio into separate wav's
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 03:18:30 pm »

Right click a file(s), select Library Tools, and then click Convert Format. You can now convert to any format and active DSP for adding EQ to the files. You can save them as Apple lossless so you have proper tagging.

It is probably easier to use Options > Handheld > Add Device and add your iPod has a handheld device. Then you can setup sync rules including DSP. Now you don't need to manage extra files and everything synced to the iPod will have the EQ applied.

Megasoid

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 04:31:03 pm »

I guess the next logical question is can I download the DFX processor as a plug in and then set that up and record that onto the tracks?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 05:19:54 pm »

If they have a VST plugin, you can load that in JRiver. I think VST plugins can be in the signal chain for file conversion/sync.

Megasoid

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 09:31:42 pm »

Actually I'm not getting any DSP on my tracks following your directions. I can convert the files from FLAC to WAV but the DSP does not go onto the tracks when I transfer them to my IPOD..
Pages: [1]   Go Up