INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: exporting FLAC files to my samsung galaxy note II w/MC16  (Read 2751 times)

ctte56

• Recent member
exporting FLAC files to my samsung galaxy note II w/MC16
« on: April 05, 2014, 10:43:28 pm »

I was having all kinds of problems getting various android music players (power amp, rocket, etc.) to recognize the flac and ape files I was transferring from my laptop to my note II. Then I thought, "hey, I wonder if J River would have a way to do this?" Sure enough, after a little research, I was transferring files from MC16 to my phone. Now the music players not only recognized the files, but they automatically grouped them by artist and genre. Cool. But after transferring about 1/2 of my music library to my phone, I realized the files were being transferred in MP3 and not flac or ape. I primarily use my phone as a music bluetooth source in my car, so I probably won't hear a big difference when using MP3.

But is there a way to transfer flac and ape files to my phone and maintain the flac and ape format using MC16 (i.e., without the files being automatically converted to MP3)?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: exporting FLAC files to my samsung galaxy note II w/MC16
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 07:16:30 am »

MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

ctte56

• Recent member
Re: exporting FLAC files to my samsung galaxy note II w/MC16
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 08:24:59 pm »

Thanks for the info on converting to Flac; but when I transfer (what are Flac files in MC16) files from MC16 to my phone using the "Action Window", they land in my phone as MP3 and the MP3 file in windows explorer has a red minus sign (-) overlaid on the MP3 logo. My music players (power amp or Rocket) don't seem to want to play these files. So I guess my main question is how do I transfer these Flac files from MC16 to my phone and have them show up as Flac files on my phone? Or should I bypass MC16 and just drag the album folder (containing Flac files) from Windows explorer directly to my phone?

I'm very new to smart phones/Bluetooth and the rest. I just want to be able to load my music library onto my phone so I can play it in my car. And as I eluded to in my previous post, I'm wondering if I would be better off using MP3 on my phone so I can save space on my 64GB SD card (I have uploaded about 250 CDs into MC16, which works beautifully on my home stereo). I don't know how much more disk space Flac uses compared to MP3, but I have to believe its on the order of 4-8 times as much.  And I doubt if I could really hear the difference in my car with road noise, etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up