INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Tiling/Video Wall  (Read 1372 times)

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Video Tiling/Video Wall
« on: April 04, 2014, 06:11:18 pm »

Glynor's mention of video wall in another thread reminded me that I've wanted to request/discuss Video Tiling or Video Wall mode again. It would be a nice feature for a new release of JRiver.

Many use Picture in Picture mode with DirectTV or other tuners for watching multiple sporting events at once. With JRiver you can detach multiple displays and arrange them any way you want on your viewing area. This is rather cumbersome IMO. What I would like is a more automated way of performing video tiling. I think zones would work but there may be other ideas.

Here is my idea. Each zone controls a detached display. The Video Wall setup window would let you select zones for playback, tiling options (Side by side, over/under, or 2 x 2 for example). Launch TV shows in each zone, click Video Wall and you get all shows properly tiled. The volume would come from the active zone and you could instantly full screen any zone.

Something like this would also enable JRiver to be used at kiosks, restaurants, churches, businesses and other venues that need video tiling.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video Tiling/Video Wall
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 06:30:39 pm »

It's a good idea.  I can think of a lot of applications for it too.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: Video Tiling/Video Wall
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 12:16:46 am »

If we could get live video INTO MC, I see a lot of applications for gaming side by side. Currently, video processors that do this are horrendously expensive, especially if you want DVI and HDMI.
The application would be to have either two other computers feed into the MC PC, or to have one feed into it, while the other video source is played locally. In both cases the output would be side-by-side tiled video. Lag would need to be minimal for gaming, of course.
Pages: [1]   Go Up