INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: J River and 64-bit VSTs  (Read 3612 times)

r010159

• Recent member
J River and 64-bit VSTs
« on: April 07, 2014, 02:44:53 am »

I have a VST that I select in the "manage plugins" part of J River. But I cannot adjust the parameters plugin while my music is playing. And the plugin shows up a fraction of its normal size.

What can I do about all of this?

Do I need to use my Fidelia player to come up with a config for the plugin, and then use it with J River?

BG

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: J River and 64-bit VSTs
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 08:45:33 am »

Is there a trial version of that plugin that I can test (and try to fix) here?  What's the name of the plugin?  In the meantime, yes I guess you'll need to configure in another program.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 08:58:47 am »

You can only use 32-bit VST plugins with JRiver since JRiver is a 32-bit program.

r010159

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 09:59:55 am »

Is there a trial version of that plugin that I can test (and try to fix) here?  What's the name of the plugin?  In the meantime, yes I guess you'll need to configure in another program.

It is GlissEQ by Voxengo. They do have a fully functional trial version. It is a type of graphic EQ that can also perform compander functionality.  For example, when used with J River, the knobs that control the location of each point are greyed out. Also it would be nice if the graphical UI part of the plugin was presented at full size. I currently use the inferior Fidelia for this purpose.

Thank you very much for your attention to this matter!

EDIT: I found the problem. My mistake. OOPS.

Bob Graham

PS: The purchase of your Media Center is worth every penny to me. For example,  its decoding of lossy audio files is particularly good.

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 03:45:56 pm »

...For example, when used with J River, the knobs that control the location of each point are greyed out. Also it would be nice if the graphical UI part of the plugin was presented at full size. 
EDIT: I found the problem. My mistake. OOPS.
So the plugin is working OK for you?  I tested on my system and it worked fine.  Thanks.

JohnT

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 03:54:08 pm »

You can only use 32-bit VST plugins with JRiver since JRiver is a 32-bit program.
Media Center is 32 bit on Windows, but on Mac, Media Center comes in a 32/64 bit Universal binary format that supports both.  Only 64 bit VST plugins have been tested with Mac Media Center. 32 bit VST plugins use the older "Carbon" UI toolkit and are not supported moving forward.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 04:07:39 pm »

I also own the GlissEQ plugin. Unless the Mac version is different than Windows, the Parametric Equalizer in DSP Studio provides all the filters in GlissEQ. I still use GlissEQ sometimes to graphically see what the filter is doing, but I then enter the filter into Parametric Equalizer. Both have a 64-bit signal path, but the one included in JRiver is free! You may be using GlissEQ for more than EQ, though.

Media Center is 32 bit on Windows, but on Mac, Media Center comes in a 32/64 bit Universal binary format that supports both.  Only 64 bit VST plugins have been tested with Mac Media Center. 32 bit VST plugins use the older "Carbon" UI toolkit and are not supported moving forward.
I didn't realize I was in the Mac subforum until after I had posted.  :-[

r010159

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 07:56:13 pm »

Yes, the plugin is working. So sorry for the false alarm.

I am using the GlissEQ for both EQ and enhancing the dynamics of the bass frequencies...and...I enjoy using it. I purchased it to use with Fidelia, and then Audirvana. I have had the curve dialed in for some time now. So I decided to now use it. I might as well get my money's worth out of it. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up