INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync Handheld Not Enabled - MC19 Mac  (Read 2068 times)

DavidMW

• World Citizen
Sync Handheld Not Enabled - MC19 Mac
« on: April 08, 2014, 08:47:55 am »

First time post and a potential new user of MC (still finding my way around). I recently purchased the AK100 and have been advised to use MC to clean my tags for easier transfer and sorting of music files. On the windows version, I see "sync handheld" under the action window and everything works fine. I prefer to use the Mac, but on the Mac version of MC, I only see "build playlist" and "tag" under the action window. Can't figure out how to enable the "sync handheld" option. Any tips on how to do so?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sync Handheld Not Enabled - MC19 Mac
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 09:08:20 am »

The Mac version of MC does not (yet) include all of the features of the Windows version.  They are now being developed in parallel,  and JRiver is working to back-port much of the functionality of the Windows version to the Mac.  These features may become available in the future, though there is no current timeline that is fixed in stone (so, no promises, and big features like these will likely be in another future major version number).

However, the current version of MC Mac is limited in the following ways:
* Audio only
* Does not have Theater View
* Does not have Ripping
* Does not have Handheld conversion and sync

It does have:
* Access to the full audio playback engine for Media Center (including the DSP, DSD, adaptive volume, and all the other goodness in there)
* Full compatibility with MC's Media Network functionality (including using/serving Libraries to clients running on different OSes).
* Zones
* Users
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

DavidMW

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 12:31:55 pm »

Bummer, but thanks for clarifying. So if I buy the licence to use MC for Windows, can I transfer it to the Mac version once that functionality is enabled?  If so, then I'm there.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 12:36:27 pm »

No.  The licenses are different.
Pages: [1]   Go Up