INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync to Memory Stick?  (Read 994 times)

Willieboy

Sync to Memory Stick?
« on: April 11, 2014, 10:45:56 am »

I seem unable to effectively sync to a memory stick.  I say effectively because I have been able to sync sporadically.  For example, I synced 76 songs to the memory stick and plugged the stick into my car.  The car only recognized 5 songs.  MC seems buggy when it comes to synching to anything other than a player.  Any help would be appreciated.

Bill

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sync to Memory Stick?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 01:51:37 pm »

I seem unable to effectively sync to a memory stick.  I say effectively because I have been able to sync sporadically.  For example, I synced 76 songs to the memory stick and plugged the stick into my car.  The car only recognized 5 songs.  MC seems buggy when it comes to synching to anything other than a player.  Any help would be appreciated.

We'll need quite a bit more detail.

MC syncs to filesystem locations just fine.  I've used that extensively, and it generally works much better than syncing to a device in MTP mode.

So, before you assume something is broken, let's figure out what is going on.  Please describe exactly what options you have set, how the memory stick is formatted, how it mounts/attaches to MC, and anything else you might think is relevant.

Thanks.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 02:42:11 pm »

I wouldn’t be surprised if the following has happened.
It is a memory stick so you can put anything on it.
You synced audio files to is regardless of the format.
You put this stick in the car. The media player of the car can only play MP3.
Anything else won’t play.

If this is true: Tools > Options > Handheld > Add Device you can choose a device like a memory stick and tell MC to treat it as a portable.
http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/Players/MC14/MC_sync.htm

Willieboy

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 09:42:59 pm »

Thanks guys.  Vincent, I think your observations were spot on.  I HAD forgotten my car only plays MP3 or WMA files.

At your suggestion, I established a new player,i.e., the memory stick.  I loaded it with my favorites and then converted the FLAC formatted files to MP3s.  Hopefully the car will like the files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up