INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: multi platform licencing  (Read 3252 times)

iPanini

• Recent member
multi platform licencing
« on: April 11, 2014, 12:00:21 pm »

Hi,

I've been running JRiver off and on over the past couple of years. Main reason for the 'off' periods is / was compatibility problems with my ESI Juli@ sound card, so hardware related.
In the mean time I do a lot of audio work on Mac. For this I use an old but still extremely functional Yamaha O1X mixer. This piece of equipment is in fact a multi headed beast that mainly acts as a 16 channel mixer AND also as a very expandable fully fledged sound card. More information available here: http://happyharry.net/yamaha/
Admittedly the O1X doesn't do high bit-rate sampling.

This gear is connected over FireWire and uses mlan, which is a Yamaha centric network protocol.

For this reason (mainly) I'm forced to stay with OS X 10.6.8 which is the last OS X version that supports mlan. (Windows XP also supports mlan with the correct drivers)

Now to my question:
Is there a special price for a secondary licence? It would seem fair that we would be allowed to purchase a second license at an upgrade price?
$49.98 seems like really expensive certainly taking into account that I've already paid for a licence and for multiple upgrades.
$49.98 also seems like quite far off from the $29.98 that you set out on in september 2013.

I found a post here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83686.0 touching the same subject.

I sure hope to get a positive response to this request.
Thank you,

Erwin

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: multi platform licencing
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 06:18:16 pm »

There is no discount for a license for a different OS.  Sorry.

Mac licenses were discounted initially, but not now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up