INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tuning tv channels through guide  (Read 1591 times)

yoyo09

• Recent member
Tuning tv channels through guide
« on: April 11, 2014, 05:06:01 pm »

Hi, I just finished configuring mc19 and I'm having difficulties tuning channels through the guide. I have a stbox and a colossus capture card. I can tune channels directly with the keypad on my remote using an ir blaster but not through the guide. In a previous build I could do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Tuning tv channels through guide
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 05:19:38 pm »

Hi, I just finished configuring mc19 and I'm having difficulties tuning channels through the guide. I have a stbox and a colossus capture card. I can tune channels directly with the keypad on my remote using an ir blaster but not through the guide. In a previous build I could do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you recently re-scan STB channels?  If not, please delete all channels and set them up again.  And make sure you complete the IR emitter setup after the channels are scanned.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

yoyo09

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 05:48:22 pm »

It is a fresh install of everything. I went to TV options, scan first for analogs, then for stb, then guide and at one point in the process mc asked me to select a receiver and port for the IR Blaster. I selected mce receiver and port 1. The strange thing is that I can tune channels through direct input with the remote, so the blaster is working. I can see the guide in Theater View and in a previous install of mc19 I could tune channels through the guide without problems.

If you think a rescan is necessary I could do it, just tell me how to delete the channels.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 06:18:53 pm »

It is a fresh install of everything. I went to TV options, scan first for analogs, then for stb, then guide and at one point in the process mc asked me to select a receiver and port for the IR Blaster. I selected mce receiver and port 1. The strange thing is that I can tune channels through direct input with the remote, so the blaster is working. I can see the guide in Theater View and in a previous install of mc19 I could tune channels through the guide without problems.

If you think a rescan is necessary I could do it, just tell me how to delete the channels.

When you say you can tune with the remote, do you mean the remote that is configured to be used with Media Center?  When you, for example, press 2 and then 3 on the remote control, the IR emitter will flash two times and MC will tune to the correct channel (23 for example)?

yoyo09

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 06:41:12 pm »

Yes, that's what I mean. Its the guide not triggering the channel switch.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 09:24:56 pm »

I just tested an STB set up.  It works as expected.

Not sure what went wrong in your case.

To delete all channels and start over, go to TV Options > Advanced > Edit Channels List...

In the dialog window, select all channels from the list, and click Delete button.

Also clear all previously scanned EPG programs.  TV Options > Load Program Guide... Choose "Clear Program Guide" and click Next.

Then re-do channel scanning.  And re-do Load Program Guide.

yoyo09

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 09:56:30 pm »

Did it, same results, even try choosing port 2. Channels and guide seems to be properly configured and blaster works when I manually enter numbers.

yoyo09

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 10:30:49 am »

Today I uninstall everything and went back to v.117 and everything works. So the only thing that comes to my mind is that the problem could have something to do with the multiple setup box handling.

Let me know if you figured it out so that I could update.
Pages: [1]   Go Up