INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Maverick Sleep Mode and other issues  (Read 5556 times)

philoouu

• Junior Woodchuck
JRiver Maverick Sleep Mode and other issues
« on: April 11, 2014, 07:41:20 pm »

Hello I am new to JRiver.
I just bought an SoTM SMS-100 http://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/portfolio-item/sms-100/ and I am using JRiver to send the music to the SMS-100 in the DLNA mode.
The music files are located on a NAS and have imported them into JRiver.
I have 2 issues:
- the first one I have been able to identify. Since my MacBook goes into sleep mode after 15 minutes automatically if idle, the music will stop because Maverick is not considering JRiver as an active application when it sends the music to the SMS-100 (I have not tested when it plays the music locally on the MacBook but that is not what I want to do anyway). I do not want to force my MacBook not to go into sleep mode. Is there a smart way to make sure the MacBook does not go into sleep mode when JRiver is active ?
- the second point is that I have noticed a few times that the music stops and restart especially when the Mac is very busy (I noticed it when Time Machine was on). It looks like JRiver and Maverick interaction are not always smooth and I wanted to know if there is some settings to improve the situation. Or is JRiver supposed to be run on a dedicated machine to avoid those kind of issues ?
Thanks
philoouu

philoouu

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver Maverick Sleep Mode and other issues
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 05:52:01 am »

Hello

Is there any other solution than forcing the MacBook or another computer to be always awake to avoid the sleeping issue when using JRiver as a server controller with a DLNA renderer ?

Hope somebody has the solution...

Thanks
philoouu

jomal

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 11:56:07 am »

> Is there any other solution than forcing the MacBook?
Nope.

I suggest you read the following text in order to get the best from your system: http://www.co-bw.com/Audio_OSX_Optimal_Audio.htm

Regards.

philoouu

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 07:54:22 pm »

Thanks for your post, very useful information. So it is recommended to never put the Mac Mini into sleep mode...
This is too optimise your system I guess.
Personally when I use Itunes I do not need to force my Mac not to go into sleep mode since when Itunes is playing OS understands that something is going on and will not go into sleep mode until the music finishes. In that case you ca use the sleep mode "on" and preserve the life of computer and not have your music stopped in the middle at the same time.
This is not working for me on JRiver. I have to force my Mac not too sleep which is not recommended especially if you have a MacBook.
Regards
philoouu

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 10:54:49 am »

Thanks for the report.  The next build of Media Center Mac will prevent system sleep during DLNA playback.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

philoouu

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 07:19:08 am »

Thank you so much for your reactivity !
Regards
philoouu
Pages: [1]   Go Up