INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server cannot register with JRiver in WS 2012  (Read 1163 times)

nakolawala

• Recent member
Library Server cannot register with JRiver in WS 2012
« on: April 12, 2014, 04:53:23 pm »

I have configured my HTPC using windows server 2012 and downloaded JRiver MC 19 license copy. I want to control it with iphone using JRemote. Windows Firewall is turned OFF.

In order to gain access I need to generate the access key. Under Options --> Media Network --> configure media network, going thr the process it gives me error message :
" Library server could not be registered with JRiver
You need a connection to the internet and it cannot block outgoing http connections from Media Center"

Well my connection is working since I can browse using IE, I have turned off windows firewall completely, I can access my NAS drive etc but JRiver is causing a problem.

Using my MC19 on Win 7 works perfectly, only its causing this error on WS 2012. I cannot even register my license.
Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Library Server cannot register with JRiver in WS 2012
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 06:11:12 pm »

That you can use IE doesn't mean that MC isn't blocked.  The wiki has a topic called "Network Access".

nakolawala

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 07:33:45 pm »

Looked at the Wiki for network access and it does not address my problem at all.
Under what condition does this error message come up
"Library server could not be registered with JRiver
You need a connection to the internet and it cannot block outgoing http connections from Media Center"

I have paid for a valid license of MC19 and now I cannot use it in WS 2012. It does register my license. Need your help to resolve this issue
Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 08:19:13 pm »

It means that MC can't communicate with the server.  A firewall could cause that.  I know you've said it's disabled.

Windows Server isn't very commonly used, so I can't help much.  Sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up