INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback halting in middle of song  (Read 2397 times)

r010159

• Recent member
Playback halting in middle of song
« on: April 15, 2014, 09:38:53 am »

I have the most recent version of J River 19.0.123 that runs on a 2012 Mac mini that utilizes a wireless NAS for my music server.  There are intermittent dropouts during playback. Furthermore, J River may stop playing in the middle of the song for a few moments before playing resumes. I have "play files from memory" playback option checked, so the wireless NAS should not be the problem. I am going to try version 19.0.118 to see if this makes a difference.

I am using a plugin called GlissEQ with the new version 123 of J River. This may be part of the problem. However, I have used this plugin with the inferior Fidelia without a problem.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

r010159

• Recent member
Re: Playback halting in middle of song
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 01:27:37 am »

Interesting. I have turned off the buffering of the entire track. So far no problems. No dropouts. A small delay between tracks. And no static sounds.

But this does not explain all the symptoms. I can see where at times the reading in of the next track can pause for a period of time the playback. I am assuming a poorly threaded implementation. But this does not explain the intermittent dropouts where even some dropouts are accompanied by static (in other words some data loss).

I originally thought the problem may be the wireless server that I am using. This can magnify the problem. But very brief intermittent dropouts? This sometimes happening with an accompanying static sound? I do not know. But something is not right here besides the effects of buffering a complete track.

What do you think?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Playback halting in middle of song
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 11:07:07 am »

Try wired and you're likely to see the problems disappear.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up