INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Configuring Airplay in JRiver  (Read 6138 times)

mystream

Configuring Airplay in JRiver
« on: April 16, 2014, 06:30:54 pm »

Hi,

I need some guidance on how to setup airplay in MC for Mac. I have a B&W Zeppelin Air connected via LAN on the same network as my MC Mac 19. MC see's the Zeppelin Air as a DLNA server but I'm not able to play my music to it from MC. I read somewhere that MC supporting airplay. Can some kind soul provide me with some steps to setup the airplay to Zeppelin Air?

Thanks in advance

Regards

mystream

Re: Configuring Airplay in JRiver
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 08:39:46 am »

Anyone?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 09:14:46 am »

Do a search for airfoil.

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 09:50:09 am »

I believe Airfoil may be necessary if you want to control multiple AirPlay devices, but MC19 on Macs can play to AirPlay directly as long as your OS is up-to-date. (I think it was Mountain Lion which first added system-level Airplay support?)

You can configure a zone's audio device to "AirPlay [Core Audio]" and it should just work.

I would recommend setting the output format in Media Center to 44.1kHz, as that is all AirPlay can use.
I don't think there's an option to limit the output to 16-bit automatically in the Mac version though - the OS will have to handle that.

kiwi

• Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 01:00:30 am »

Hopefully one of these OS updates will let 3rd party apps have a nice volume/output control for AirPlay that is the same as iTunes.

I have found it tricky to get AirPlay to work, but it's probably because I have multiple different airplay zones and they change for different things, and the MC setting seems to maybe take whatever you last configured?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 08:57:35 am »

A couple things... The B&W Zeppelin Air does not support DLNA.  It may show up, but the DLNA renderer in it is not functional, so you can't use it that way.  However, I'm reasonably sure you don't need AirPlay support built into MC for this to work.

Just switch to the AirPlay device under Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Device.  See attached (this may require Mavericks).
You can even make it its own Zone in MC, so that you can easily switch back and forth.

It works with my AppleTV anyway.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up