INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo not working with Samsung Galaxy Note3, S5 while streaming with 4GLTE-At&t  (Read 5441 times)

Ekpen

• Citizen of the Universe

Hi everyone:

I have had issues with Galaxy note1, not being able to stream videos using the at&t 4g lte  since  day one.
a Samsung rep at Bestbuy told me the antenna on the old  note is not strong enough, that if I get the note3, I should be able to stream video.

Last Friday, I upgraded  my Note to Note3, and my wife's Nokia to Galaxy S5.

I have unlimited data plan. While I took my wife's Nokia to At&t store to have the contacts transferred to S5, at the parking lot, I

decided to try my "out of home" connection, and moving playing reliability via the so called 4G Lte.

They both connected, but that was all.

For the Galaxy note I tried to test if Braveheart rip of mkv will play.

Here is my observations:

Low video quality via Gizmo... Video will stop and continue for about 15 seconds. It failed to play smooth.

The medium quality  video.. will play for 10 seconds , and will take about 45 seconds to try to resume playing.

The  high quality video will start, pause buffered again taking almost 3 minutes to start to play. It plays for just 5 seconds, then

stops, then will attempt to resume.

The Galaxy note has 3gb of memory with a  graphic processor that is fast.

The S5 also exhibited same behavior after connecting to my home server running Widows 8.1.

My wife and I through our Wi-fi at home were able  to watch Ben hur- a very long movie without any hitch or video freezing.

This was on the Galaxy Note3.

I called Samsung, was transferred to a tier 2 supervisor, who told me he knew what was going on. Later he came with his fix... call AT&T . He gave me an 800 number which seems to be the customer service number.

I then called at&t cs department, explained the situation.
She later responded that it looks like AT&T will have to contruct a new tower for my Gizmo app to work.
This issue of MC-Gizmo not working with 4G Lte (At&t) maybe an at&t issue, it may be widespread, or it could be localized... maybe the signal in Rochester is weak.

I do not  know why I can not get video to play smoothly using Gizmo.
I then downloaded puffin browser for android, installed it on my Galaxy note 3. I noticed same behavior. I have also tested Flashfox browser, I have no luck with this also.

Any help from the "Team" on this?

Note: My Wi-fi can play any movies with speed. In fact the preparing message in some cases will only appear for maybe 15 seconds before starting to play a movie.

I have installed , unistalled Gizmo, tried  installing it on the sd card and also internal memory.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks  everyone.

George.

Hendrik

• Administrator

If playback works over your WiFi at home, but doesn't work on the road over 4G LTE, it pretty clearly points to your connectivity being too slow or unstable.
This could either be your 4G LTE connectivity being too slow, or even your home connection not being fast enough to serve the video over internet.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Ekpen

If playback works over your WiFi at home, but doesn't work on the road over 4G LTE, it pretty clearly points to your connectivity being too slow or unstable.
This could either be your 4G LTE connectivity being too slow, or even your home connection not being fast enough to serve the video over internet.

Thanks for your response.
My ISP is Frontier corp in Rochester. Frontier just upgraded my Adsl modem a few months ago. It is Siemen Gigaset sx762.  My other suspicion is the At&t 4G LTE. It is really slow. I wish other AT&T friends on this forum could try to connect out of home, if they will have luck. Even Sprint, Verizon forum members should all try to see if they can use this so called 4G LTE on the  road.

I might need to find a way to let AT&t know this, not by going through the customer support line, but asking my mayor to help in this. I think the city may know  away for me to get the attention of AT&T.

I  will wait for more Interact forum members to read about this and offer suggestions and or  test theirs 4G LTE signal strenth.

Thanks.

George.

TCube

@ Ekpen,

I won't be able to speak of "testing a 4G LTE signal strength" but I usually go for an Upload/Download test on my phone before pesting away at the whole world  :)
http://www.speedtest.net/us/ If that works once for U in the States, it should be easy to compare 4G LTE and Note3 in the same spot then.

Video streaming is really tricky. I've got 2 diff. home servers (home is 100Mbit/s Dl - 5Mbits/s Up) and I'm still not very please with the use on the road. I'm not using Gizmo but NMedium Play referenced third party app. for MC (Windows Phone). I got to the conclusion the Vid Streaming use should be kept for Wifi or Hotspot not 3G/4G.
Rgds TC

TCube

.../... Sorry that one was a "quote" of my previous post.

@ Ekpen, might as well put a Note.

By the way I don't known how MKv vid files are processed but it should be the same as MP4 vid files I'm using. JRiver needs to process at different times the same file in order to offer the choice from "low" to "high" on demand (which means, like jerseys  ;D "small size" "medium size" " xxl size"  in Mo).
Nonetheless, these "processed files" are kept within JRiver internal memory, so one thing is to select a file aka "Braveheart" stand on Wifi at home and process i.e start to view the file in "low" then for instance in "high" def. These processed files will be stacked
Next time on Wifi/Hotspot/3G4G U may be spared the time of processing the file in the quality needed.
TC

Ekpen

@ Ekpen,

I won't be able to speak of "testing a 4G LTE signal strength" but I usually go for an Upload/Download test on my phone before pesting away at the whole world  :)
http://www.speedtest.net/us/ If that works once for U in the States, it should be easy to compare 4G LTE and Note3 in the same spot then.

Video streaming is really tricky. I've got 2 diff. home servers (home is 100Mbit/s Dl - 5Mbits/s Up) and I'm still not very please with the use on the road. I'm not using Gizmo but NMedium Play referenced third party app. for MC (Windows Phone). I got to the conclusion the Vid Streaming use should be kept for Wifi or Hotspot not 3G/4G.
Rgds TC

At&t will be calling me on this issue soon, so is my ISP frontier.
Today 04/19/2014.. my Frontier network was down half of the day. Another issue with my local provider.
The News here is that ComcastConnect will be in Rochester soon, maybe I can get lucky with the slow connection issue.
I will keep all inform about new developments.

My speedtest is awful, It is a shame for me to report. (This is my network connection from Frontier.)

Thanks for your input.

jreigner

• Recent member

I have the same issue with my weak Verizon DSL upload speed, with the same hardware and the same conditions. Not to mention Frontier ISP is almost cause for assault in the area I live. Good luck getting it resolved, but I wouldn't hold your breath. I just stay away from video when away from home, everything else is awesome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up