INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Energy Saver Settings  (Read 2065 times)

philoouu

• Junior Woodchuck
JRiver Energy Saver Settings
« on: April 18, 2014, 11:24:51 pm »

Dear Mac users
I would like to know what settings you are using in Energy Saver menu. In my case if if I do not prevent the computer from going into sleep mode, when JRiver plays music, the computer sill go to sleep after the period indicated in the Energy Saver menu, and the music playing will stop.
Basically the computer needs to stay awake all the time to have JRiver plays music without stopping when the computer goes into sleep mode. When I use Itunes, the computer will never go into sleep mode when Itunes plays music. I cannot understand why JRiver and Mac OS cannot communicate the same way....
Please let me know how you manage this issue.
thanks
philoouu

philoouu

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver Energy Saver Settings
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 08:32:02 pm »

Hello
Any thoughts about that ?
Thanks
philoouu

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 10:00:34 pm »

All I can add is that in my Mac System Settings>Energy Saver I have both Computer Sleep and Display Sleep set to Never. Of the three boxes below I have only checked Wake For Network Access. I have never experienced the issue you describe.
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

philoouu

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 06:18:46 am »

Hello
Thanks for your feedback!
If I use the same settings as you I have no problem but leaving a computer without the sleep mode on is not recommended... especially if you have a MacBook.
I am surprised of this behaviour and I hope there is or will be a solution at some point.
Thanks
philoouu
Pages: [1]   Go Up