INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HTC One M8 Syncing with MC now?  (Read 21220 times)

Pyrite

HTC One M8 Syncing with MC now?
« on: April 20, 2014, 12:49:34 pm »

I have the previous HTC One and am really bummed at the hassle it takes to sync with MC. Based on the previous thread, http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82955.0, it looks like the HTC One M8's ability to use an SD card may fix the syncing errors.

Has anyone been able to successfully and continuously sync their HTC One M8? I'll gladly upgrade if that's the case.

FPacheco

• Recent member
Re: HTC One M8 Syncing with MC now?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 08:03:15 pm »

At first MC (18) sync'd beautifully with my new M8.  But lately it's been wanting to resync more than 50% of files already on the M8. I then started receiving upload errors. And now I don't get all my playlists.  I don't know if the amount of files had anything to do with it, but I did triple the number of tracks on the M8 from 4k to 12k.  In either case, I don't think the issue is MC. I gave up on sync'ing directly with the phone, for now.

I have a several external micro SDs that I sync to via USB stick, then plop it into the phone and wallah! MC (18) has no issues with the micro SD cards, and it's much faster too!

I create playlist groups named for each of my SD cards on MC (18), along with sub-playlists. I can then sync them with their respective SD cards for easy swapping on the phone. Some SDs are videos, music, or even recipes (I manage just about everything with MC, It's a great product!). This is great when I'm on  vacation or visiting family.  I just swap cards and am ready to watch a movie, listen to music, show my favorite photos, or cook up my favorite meal.  MC is an excellent media manger and the M8 is very versatile with swap-able SDs. Now if we could only get MC as App to manage and play my media on my mobile device  ::)

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 09:24:11 am »

I've got the S4 and have the same issue.  Syncs fine with smaller playlists.  Then I add another playlist that is around 5000 songs.  It syncs once, then subsequent syncs do the same as you mention.  Wants to resync a bunch of songs, then fails with errors if I allow it to try.

Funkmeister

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 04:42:15 pm »

I found mine tried to put the music on the 'internal SD' rather than the 'external SD' (ie. the 64Gb card) which is not very helpful.  The issue appears to be that MC can't see the external SD in Windows for some reason.

Scrub that.  I've just tried it again and this time it's put the music on the external (64Gb) card, correctly transcoded to OGG!

I mostly stream through Gizmo but it's nice to have stuff stored locally for when the mobile signal disappears.  Also I sometimes have too much choice via Gizmo, at least on the local storage I'm limited to only have to choose between several hundred albums..!

nitephlight

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 08:54:35 pm »

If you have an M8 or S4 you are fortunate enough to have micro SD slot which CAN be mounted as a mass storage device. The problem your all having with MC wanting to recopy files is due to Android media Scanner service. When you plug your phone in for MTP, the OS locks any files that it is currently accessing, after all you can't truly have a single volume mounted to two different OSs simultaneously. You can actually kill the media scanning service if your rooted...

Louis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • It only looks like an optical illusion
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 06:45:25 pm »

The sync'ing problems described here also apply to the Xperia Z1 using MC19 even using the external mSD 64GB card. Interesting that the Android Media Scanning service is implicated, but not sure if I really want to root the phone to experiment with that.
Unfortunately FPaceco's workaround using a USB stick doesn't work for me because MC doesn't support unicode characters in the playlists when sync'ing to a drive and I have a lot of Asian and other world music languages that need unicode.
The MC -> iTunes -> Android synch chain using MisterPete's MC iTunes Syncronizer and DoubleTwist workaround described in this thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82955.0 is the next one I'll try.

thorathome

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 01:38:54 pm »

Me, too.  I have a new HTC One M8 with SD card and love it even more than the Original HTC One.  However, I still cannot get MC to synch with it under Win 7.  I've tried different drivers from the HTC official ones, but to no real avail. 

What I am doing takes two steps, one of which I already have to do in order to synch MC music with my iPad. 
1)  MC & iTunes Synch tool synchs iTunes, which I need to do for iPad. 
2)  Doubletwist app for Android and PC synchs with my HTC One M8 over the air (WiFi) very well.  I have also been successful with Doubletwist wired, but the WiFi capabiltiy works better and more reliably. 

Yes, this is unbelieveable unwieldly, but it actually works.  Yes, it sure would be nice to have these new MTP devices work well and uniformly with MC, but the HTC One seems to be an outlier. 

Now you know. 

Still looking for a better solution... anybody,  anybody? 

Louis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • It only looks like an optical illusion
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 05:23:57 pm »

I just tried again with the Xperia Z3 +new 64gb mSD and MC20, same problems, initial sync is runs ok but subsequent sync's fail when MC wants to re-transfer unchanged files that are already on the device (transfers the file but reports "error"). MC will also report insufficient space on the SD card, I guess because MC thinks these are all additional files and for whatever reason cannot see that they already exist.

Only some playlists are transferred on subsequent re-syncs, very random behaviour it would seem.

No there is no solution I know of that can successfully sync and re-sync music to Android KitKat using MC16/17/18/19/20.
Pages: [1]   Go Up