INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Request] Please allow detached view to force video aspect ratio  (Read 1957 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day

I use detached display a LOT.  it almost never gets the video aspect ratio 'right', meaning it always has black bars on either the side or the top of the video.  I can resize it, but about 1/2 the time I move the window, the aspect ratio gets messed up and I have to resize it again.  I think it's nearly 100% of the time this will happen if one edge of the detached window comes too close to the edge of the screen.  This usually results in one side of the detached window growing to the full width (or height) of the desktop screen.

So, there seems to be a bug that causes/allows the detached window to change size somewhat randomly, which should be fixed regardless.

Also, my request is that the detached display can/will automatically resize itself to match the aspect ratio of the currently playing video, and stay that way until closed.  Ideally, it will change aspect ratio if the video changes to a different aspect ratio.

Thanks for consideration.
pretend this is something funny

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: [Request] Please allow detached view to force video aspect ratio
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 10:47:24 am »

this will happen if one edge of the detached window comes too close to the edge of the screen.  This usually results in one side of the detached window growing to the full width (or height) of the desktop screen.

This is a default feature in Windows, when you size a window directly onto the screen border, it'll snap and expand to full width/height.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
Re: [Request] Please allow detached view to force video aspect ratio
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 11:54:56 am »

Unfortunately, it doesn't 'snap back' when you move it away from the border, even if you've never 'let go' of the window at any time.  Once you touch the edge, the detached window grows, and never shrinks again, until/unless you resize it manually.

What about the actual request?  Any chance of having the detached window conform to the video's aspect ratio automatically?  Windows Media Center does this rather nicely, and I really, really like it.

Thanks again.
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up