INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Posibility of displaying a Song Title  (Read 2077 times)

kl2312

Posibility of displaying a Song Title
« on: April 21, 2014, 11:51:51 am »

I am using MC 19 for Mac and I am trying to find a possibility to display the actual played Song Title on external display or notebook in big!!! letters. Does this possibility exist in MC 19 or can you propose me a solution to do it.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Posibility of displaying a Song Title
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 02:04:08 pm »

There are probably easier ways but here's what I can think of. It's a bit experimental I admit ;).

Also, I'm not sure how this works on the Mac version but many things are platform agnostic; with the Windows version Display View can display your Cover Art with some Meta Data. This is basically an HTML page. On Windows, you can choose between a few different styles, which are just different HTML pages. If the Mac has the same thing, you could edit this HTML page to use a big font for the song Title.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 02:14:07 pm »

Since you are on a Mac, another option, you can use a script I wrote to post Now Playing song notifications.  These post to the Mac OS X notification system.  If you are using Growl, these can be customized using any of the growl "skins".

Here's the link to the thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87932.0
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

kl2312

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 01:54:38 pm »

I thank you very much for your suggestions, but I am to stupid in computertechnic to make work this little program. Could you give me some little help to manage this.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 02:34:20 pm »

Also, I'm not sure how this works on the Mac version but many things are platform agnostic; with the Windows version Display View can display your Cover Art with some Meta Data. This is basically an HTML page. On Windows, you can choose between a few different styles, which are just different HTML pages. If the Mac has the same thing, you could edit this HTML page to use a big font for the song Title.

MC for Mac does not include any visualizations and only includes the Cover Art display style.  So this isn't an option here.

I thank you very much for your suggestions, but I am to stupid in computertechnic to make work this little program. Could you give me some little help to manage this.

There are some instructions in the README.txt file in the download (if you are referring to the thread from the link above).  If those instructions are more than you are prepared to tackle, this might not be a good direction for you.

I don't know of other alternatives.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up