INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cross Platform Client/Server and WebGizmo not working after new install  (Read 2578 times)

mcd

I've done a windows install and spent the last several hours going thru forums and wiki to get the WebGizmo working.

On the Windows machine I've used the settings in the Options window to open the various network servers.  The WebPlay, WebRemote and MCWS all work fine.  The Gizmo authenticates and then shows a blank page.  I saw one other thread that suggested resetting the Default skin which I've done by pointing it at Media Center 20\Data\Library Server\Gizmo\Default\.

I'd also tried client/server session between the Windows server and a Mac client but that didn't work either.  That authenticated but then the mapping for file paths didn't work across platforms.  There were threads discussing how the Mac file paths wouldn't resolve properly with Library Sync.

Any other suggestions for getting the Web Player or the client/server set up across platforms working?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

A firewall?  Try the wiki topic called Network Access for more ideas.

When you say "Gizmo authenticates...", do you mean WebGizmo?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient

I'd also tried client/server session between the Windows server and a Mac client but that didn't work either.  That authenticated but then the mapping for file paths didn't work across platforms.  There were threads discussing how the Mac file paths wouldn't resolve properly with Library Sync.

If you have the computers set up in a client/server relationship, the file paths shouldn't be a hard blocker; the server will just serve the file to the client.  It's more convenient if the client has direct access to the files, but not required.  You say your client authenticated; at that point are you saying that nothing would play?  If so what error message did you receive?

I use Media Center clients and servers in cross-platform context (windows and linux) daily, and there's the same pathing problem with windows and linux (slashes are reversed, etc), and I have no problems with it. It's probably just a configuration issue.

mcd

An update was run today after being away for a week and reloading host:52199/Gizmo is now displaying content on each page instead of being empty.  Still testing media playback and navigation but will assume the update fixed things up.  Once I can verify the web UI I'll come back to the cross platform set up.

- I'd read thru that wiki page but since both machines are on the same subnet, I didn't find anything on that page that explained why /Gizmo was rendering blank
Pages: [1]   Go Up