INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import debug log ?  (Read 742 times)

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Import debug log ?
« on: April 22, 2014, 01:24:13 pm »

This is a long-standing issue.

When I manually run Auto-import, while it is running, it will state:

" Adding File ___ of 877 "

None of those 877 files appear in the Details dialog.

If I add a new album with 12 files, then it will say:

" Adding File ___ of 889 "

and then list the 12 files.

So the import works fine, but during the import it will count 877 files.  If I run it again immediately after, it will do this again.

The question - is there a way to turn on debugging to actually list the filenames of the 877 files ?

My guess is that these are FLAC files with embedded cue sheets, and the count is of individual tracks, but I am getting curious about it...

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Import debug log ?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 01:50:09 pm »

Its most likely actual .cue files, or .sacd files, at least for me those always show up again.
I suppose FLACs with embedded cue might also fall in there. All the files which don't actually get imported as-is themself, but cause other entries to show up instead (ie. the elements of the playlist they correspond to).

But no, there is no way to get a list right now.
They might show up in the normal MC log, which is a bit hard too read for non-developers, though.

There isn't really reason to worry either. If it fails to import something, it'll let you know (and/or put the file into the "BAD" database). If it simply decides not to import anything because the content of those "playlists" is already in the database, it'll simply show "0" in the final summary.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up