INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "There are no tracks available to rip"  (Read 2651 times)

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
"There are no tracks available to rip"
« on: April 24, 2014, 03:03:48 pm »

There was a topic on this error fairly recently but I can't find it - searching for that phrase doesn't come up with the right thread.  There were some suggestions in that thread I think.

Anyhow, this is happening quite reliably/regularly for me at the moment. I'm doing some ripping and each time I edit the track info before ripping I get the error message "There are no tracks available to rip. Please ensure an audio CD is in the drive and that tracks are selected". Pressing Retry, then Cancel, then Rip Tracks again works.

This has been happening for quite a few builds. I always keep up to the date with the builds and am currently using 19.0.129.

Cal516

• Recent member
Re: "There are no tracks available to rip"
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 05:50:35 am »

I'm doing some ripping and each time I edit the track info before ripping I get the error message "There are no tracks available to rip. Please ensure an audio CD is in the drive and that tracks are selected". Pressing Retry, then Cancel, then Rip Tracks again works.

This has been happening in the trial version I'm currently experimenting with. I'm so new at this, I presumed I was doing something wrong. Running under Windows 7 64-bit.

By the way, I'm pretty pleased with the product and will be getting the licensed copy. I'm most pleased with how painless DLNA streaming and control works with my Onkyo A/V amp/rec.
... Cal

Ramona60

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 02:11:31 pm »

Anyhow, this is happening quite reliably/regularly for me at the moment. I'm doing some ripping and each time I edit the track info before ripping I get the error message "There are no tracks available to rip. Please ensure an audio CD is in the drive and that tracks are selected". Pressing Retry, then Cancel, then Rip Tracks again works.

I have the same issue for some time. Using Win7 64bit.

Cal516

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 09:57:48 am »

I'm doing some ripping and each time I edit the track info before ripping I get the error message "There are no tracks available to rip. Please ensure an audio CD is in the drive and that tracks are selected". Pressing Retry, then Cancel, then Rip Tracks again works.

This condition continues to manifest. Any thoughts?
... Cal

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 10:40:29 am »

I'll try to test it out this weekend and see if I can replicate it.

I never rip any physical discs anymore, so if it is broken, I'd have never seen it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 10:48:03 am »

I have been ripping quite a few CD's lately and the only time I see this sort of behaviour is if I rip a CD and then try to rip it again for whatever reason. MC will recognise that it has already ripped the CD and will say that there is nothing to rip the second time. However I have found that if you press the RIP button twice it will then overide itself and then start ripping again.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 10:56:02 am »

Oh... That explains it.  Yeah, sounds like a feature not a bug.

MC does keep track of EVERY CD it has ever seen, and whether it has been ripped or not.  If you want to see the CD database part of the Library, MrC has posted instructions before.

You could fix it by deleting the CD entry from the CD database, but it is way easier to just click on the thing twice.

Cal516

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 12:58:50 pm »

I have been ripping quite a few CD's lately and the only time I see this sort of behaviour is if I rip a CD and then try to rip it again for whatever reason. MC will recognise that it has already ripped the CD and will say that there is nothing to rip the second time. However I have found that if you press the RIP button twice it will then overide itself and then start ripping again.

Since it is easy enough to fight thru this condition, it is not a big deal but, it is not related (in my case) to re-ripping ... happens with first time rips.
... Cal

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 01:38:29 pm »

Since it is easy enough to fight thru this condition, it is not a big deal but, it is not related (in my case) to re-ripping ... happens with first time rips.

If you can figure out what conditions cause it, I'm sure they'd take a look.  Any ideas?

Vocalpoint

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 01:09:34 pm »

I have the same issue for some time. Using Win7 64bit.

Same here as well. Sometimes with the first disc. But most certainly with a second. And this is after a successful rip on the first, I let MC eject the CD and then go to load another. It pretty much always fails on the second and any subsequent attempts.

To rip another disc - I have to close out of MC and come back into a fresh session. Very annoying.

It's one of these oddball low priority issues that makes me go to other solutions like dbPowerAmp. I can rip stuff in there there all day long - one after the other with no issues whatsoever.

VP

Cal516

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 02:35:27 pm »

If you can figure out what conditions cause it, I'm sure they'd take a look.  Any ideas?

I experience this under the exact conditions described by the OP in the first post in this thread. Flawlessly reproducible. No problems if I don't try editing first.
... Cal

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 03:46:42 pm »

What machine?  What drive?  Any "special" software installed that accesses the drive?  (Even iTunes, etc.).
Pages: [1]   Go Up