INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Artist" when exporting to iTunes  (Read 1125 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
"Artist" when exporting to iTunes
« on: April 25, 2014, 05:34:25 am »

In my MC library I use both Album Artist for grouping albums and Artist to give me track level info. I don't want to lose this detail in my library.

When I export to iTunes it looks like even though the Album Artist data is there, when the library is synced to my iDevice and i connect this to say my car, I lose the Album Artist level detail and so when looking up "Artist" I get a long list of track artists.

Not sure this is something MC can directly help with as I think it's an iTunes/iDevice implementation thing, but wonder if anyone has had similar issues and managed to solve it.

On pondering, maybe I could create a second library and set [Artist]=[Album Artist]. Seems a hassle though and an extra step each time I update the library.

Any ideas?
Z

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: "Artist" when exporting to iTunes
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 02:00:47 pm »

Did you set the iDevice's Settings > Music > Group By Album Artist ?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Z0001

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 03:04:25 pm »

I sure did. And that works great when using the iDevice direct as playback. But if I plug it into the car by USB and use the car's brain and controls to play back it does not seem to see Album Artist, only Artist.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 03:08:20 pm »

Take it up with the car mfg. and/or create a copy of your tunes via conversion or HH sync, and set Artist to Album Artist as necessary.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up