INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Log all library activity - add / delete / move - HOWTO?  (Read 3453 times)

iPanini

• Recent member
Log all library activity - add / delete / move - HOWTO?
« on: April 25, 2014, 03:28:58 pm »

Hi,

First a thumbs up for the Mac version!  ;D I'm running MC 18 (as i'm stuck with OS X10.6) and it just works fine! ;)
Call me schizophrenic, but random actions in the past make that my audio files are quite scattered for one, and second, since my collection is rather large (large file size / high bitrate) it's also lead to the spreading across various harddisks.
I'd like to (try) to gather all my audio files together. As this will also be time consuming, this will not happen overnight.
I realize this may be quite error prone.

Is there a way te set MC 18 up in such a way that each addition / removal or moving of a file is logged?
I found the log possibility under the help section and enabled it, can this be used for this purpose?
If yes how can I filter / distill and export a list that only concerns file logging?

Thank you for your help!

Erwin

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Log all library activity - add / delete / move - HOWTO?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 03:40:09 pm »

With the log entries, what are you trying to learn / obtain?

MC's Library is essentially that log - you have the Filename, its metadata, and the Date Imported field.

Learn about the Rename, Move & Copy tool, to use metadata to drive your file renames to match your specified rules.

There have been many (important) updates since MC18 in MC19.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

iPanini

• Recent member
Re: Log all library activity - add / delete / move - HOWTO?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 04:41:44 pm »

The date imported field is a good starting pointm thanks!

I guess I have a lot of catching up and reading to do..

Pages: [1]   Go Up