INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange behavior when using multiple STB [FIXED]  (Read 1137 times)

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
Strange behavior when using multiple STB [FIXED]
« on: April 29, 2014, 07:20:15 pm »

I am using 19.0.131.  I have been using multiple set top boxes since it was first released a few weeks ago.  I have noticed some strange behavior, but I haven't had the time to do much troubleshooting.  It happened again today and I think I can describe what happened.

I have two Colossus capture cards each connected to a directv box.

Today at 5:00PM eastern I had a scheduled recording for a kid's show on Disney.

Today at about 5:15 PM, my wife tried to watch Food Network on the server (the box doing the recording) but the disney channel was displayed instead.
Then she tried to change the channel to HGTV and received an error regarding the tuner (she can't remember the exact error)
Then she tried to change the channel to DIY channel and received the same error.
At this point, she just turned the tv off

Tonight, we tried to watch the kid's program with the kids and it showed the first 15 minutes or so, then the recording changed to HGTV.  After a few minutes, the recording changed to DIY channel.  

It appears that the channel commands were being sent to the wrong box.  I have seen similar behavior before, but I wasn't able to capture the steps.

If I use only one tuner at a time, everything works fine.  I can confirm this by change the order in the tv setup or by not 'stacking' channels and tuning to the channels individually.  That is how I know the ir blasters are mapped correctly.

I have a log file, unfortunately it is about 12 MB, so I can't email.  I can put it out on google drive or something, if you would like to look at it.

Thanks,

Alex

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Strange behavior when using multiple STB
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 08:16:12 am »

Thanks for the detailed description.

Please keep the log file for a while, until either the problem is fixed, or I ask for it.  For now, I will try reproducing the problem here. 
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 08:27:45 am »

No problem.  Thanks for looking into this.

Alex

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 08:01:29 pm »

The latest update -19.0.134 seems to have fixed this.  I will run a few more tests this weekend.

Thanks,

Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up