INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19.0.131 for Mac -- Available Here  (Read 19246 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 19.0.131 for Mac -- Available Here
« on: April 30, 2014, 03:57:09 pm »

This is the latest release of Media Center 19 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190131.dmg

19.0.131 (4/30/2014)

1. Fixed: Web radio stream playback was eating up way too much cpu.
2. Fixed: System sleep is now always disabled while Media Center is playing, including DLNA playback.
3. Fixed: XML playlist exports from iTunes were not importing because of 'file://localhost/' embedded in filenames.
4. Fixed: File rename & copy was producing duplicate library entries when processing filenames containing international characters.
5. Fixed: M3U playlist exports from iTunes were not importing because of line ending issues.

19.0.124 (4/8/2014)

1. Fixed: Some WMA lossless files would play at wrong speed and/or with static.
2. Fixed: Installing non-supported VST plugins (e.g. older 32bit only ones) would cause PackageInstaller to crash and no error was shown in Media Center.
3. Fixed: When adding a new VST plugin, the file selection dialog would show up behind Media Center.

19.0.123 (4/2/2014)

1. Changed: Reinstated standard Mac Quit menu option.
2. NEW: Support for 64 bit VST audio plugins in DSP Studio.  From "Manage Plug-ins / Add VST" select the Plug-in package ending in ".VST" (usually in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST).

19.0.122 (3/17/2014)

1. Fixed: The date tag was being read incorrectly in WMA files.
2. Fixed: WMA lossless wasn't working.

19.0.121 (3/12/2014)

1. Fixed: Duplicate menus were being shown if you activated the left-most item and dragged over one of the other items.
2. Changed: Got rid of "Quit" menu option which was redundant with "Exit" option on File menu. Cmd-Q still works for exiting program.
3. Fixed: WMA files showed incorrect bitrate in player display window.
4. Changed: Retina Mode (View -> Size -> Retina Mode) will now stay enabled between program runs.  Before you had to enable it each time you started Media Center.
5. Fixed: In Retina mode, main menu dropdowns would partially cover the main menu.
6. Fixed: In Retina mode, the blurred 'alpha' background behind menus was offset from the actual location of the background.
7. Fixed: In Retina mode, the DSP Studio windows looked funny - the window was much too big with lots of empty space around the DSP options.

19.0.120 (3/4/2014)

1. NEW: WMA decoding.  Window Media files can now be imported and played.  Tags are read-only at this point.

19.0.119 (2/27/2014)

1. Changed: Changed UDP socket Accept function to use 'select' rather than 'kqueue/kevent'.  Trying to eliminate application hang at shutdown.

19.0.118 (2/24/2014)

1. Fixed: License restores were not working with build 117.

19.0.117 (2/19/2014)

1. Fixed: Playback of AIFF files with unknown 'chunk' types over library server would fail to play.
2. Fixed: MC license no longer needs to be restored whenever the Mac computer name changes.
3. Fixed: Fill properties from filename using Template was showing full path rather than just filename.
4. Fixed: Enabled filesystem statistics gathering function.
5. Fixed: Allow : in filename (was filtered out by windows code).
6. Fixed: Remove special treatment of UNC style paths (windows code).
7. Fixed: Remove special treatment of . in pathnames, i.e. foo./bar (windows code).
8. Fixed: SACD ISOs were always detected with external changes and their metadata re-imported during auto-import, overwriting any changes in the library.
9. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
10. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
11. Fixed: Added list member null checking to file stacks code.  MC was crashing on running stack error checking.
12. Fixed: Potential crashes in BufferingInternetReader. Seen on Mac when playing high-def files with memory playback on Library Server clients.
13. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
14. Fixed: Directory presets in some dialogs had the wrong (Windows) type of directory separator slashes.

19.0.103 (1/10/2014)

1. Fixed: iTunes playlists were not importing correctly.
2. Fixed: Debug logging was always re-enabled at startup regardless of user setting.
3. Fixed: Added right-click menu in display view to allow display type and cover art style choices.
4. Fixed: Empty directories were not getting removed following file deletions.
5. Fixed: Very small FLAC files were failing playback (e.g. Test silence files smaller than 64k bytes).

19.0.100 (12/20/2013)

1. Changed: Several improvements to Retina support.
2. Fixed: When exporting playlists with relative paths, the wrong (Windows) type of directory separator slash was used in filenames.
3. Fixed: Typing or modifying a filename path in the tag window would cause the wrong type of directory separator slash to be placed at the end of the path.
4. Changed: Apple IR remote handling can now be disabled/enabled with Options / General / Advanced / Media key mode.
5. NEW: Command-H is now supported for hiding the application.
6. NEW: Better support for multiple monitors with differing resolutions.

19.0.88 (12/6/2013)

1. Changed: Support the separate play/pause button on the newer aluminum Apple remote.
2. NEW: Retina display support enabled with Views / Size / Retina Mode. Reverts to standard mode at program exit.
3. NEW: Support for WavPack and Musepack input plugins.

19.0.84 (12/2/2013)

1. Fixed: Memory leak in build 83.

19.0.83 (11/27/2013)

1. Fixed: The display would not update after extended playback when Spectrum Analyzer was enabled in the player window. This would make the UI appear to be frozen.
2. NEW: The Apple Remote (white plastic) is now supported (play/pause, ff/rew, next/previous, volume up/down).

19.0.76 (11/18/2013)

1. NEW: Visualizations in the player bar at the top of the program are now shown during playback.
2. Changed: Copy and paste cover art was working for image data only.  Now artwork files/URLs can be copied from Finder or web browsers.

19.0.75 (11/14/2013)

1. Changed: This build includes debug symbols which will show up in crash dumps to ease debugging.  Regular builds have these stripped out.

19.0.74 (11/12/2013)

1. Fixed: A bug in the menu tracking system could cause crashes.

19.0.73 (11/11/2013)

1. Fixed: Frequent crashes due to a threading bug introduced in build 71 with the way JRTools objects were created.

19.0.72 (11/7/2013)

1. Fixed: Media Network was broken in the previous build. A crash would occur when thumbnails were sent to a remote device.

19.0.71 (11/6/2013)

1. Fixed: Alphabetic sorting of lists could be incorrect in some situations with some locales.
2. Fixed: At application startup, JRTools objects were not getting created in the correct order - possible cause of crashes.

19.0.68 (11/1/2013)

1. Changed: Auto update now launches the downloaded DMG updater.
2. Changed: Improved support for integer mode on devices that use multiple output streams.
3. Fixed: Back slash in filename caused file to not import.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.131 for Mac -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 07:30:02 am »

When MC's internal volume is disabled it still doesn't pass the volume key commands through to the OS.

MartinG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 03:54:46 pm »

Well, there still is this annoying text in the German translation "open file with Windows Explorer". :P
;)
Ok, lets pass to more serious topics. Speed issue of different sample rates seems to be resolved. At least I did not encounter the problem anymore, but now it throws me out of the DevialetAir connection here and then when I try to provoke the problem. I don't know if it is a Devialet driver problem or if it is a JRiver problem. But I assume it has to do something with JRiver, as I do not have this kind of problem when working with itunes.

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 03:59:10 pm »

Well, there still is this annoying text in the German translation "open file with Windows Explorer". :P
;)
Ok, lets pass to more serious topics. Speed issue of different sample rates seems to be resolved. At least I did not encounter the problem anymore, but now it throws me out of the DevialetAir connection here and then when I try to provoke the problem. I don't know if it is a Devialet driver problem or if it is a JRiver problem. But I assume it has to do something with JRiver, as I do not have this kind of problem when working with itunes.
Sorry, I meant the next build AFTER this one for the translation fix.  :-\
As to the Devialet, maybe send a log and we can see if there's anything strange in it.  Hard to troubleshoot these things without having the device in front of us.

MartinG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 04:13:43 pm »

OK, correction: It throws me out nearly every time. especially when switching between 194/24 to 44.1/16.
Where can I initialise a logfile? I would like to help, as to my point of view JRiver is far the best program to use even though the MAC version still needs some work.

JohnT

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 04:45:53 pm »

It's in the menu under Help / Logging...

You can send it to logs at jriver dot com

muzzer

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 02:09:42 pm »

Hi.
Can someone tell me how I send a crash report to JRiver.
I have just purchased a new dac with a CM6631a USB chip and JR19 now crashes after a few minutes.
My previous dac with XMOS chip ran fine.
Thanks.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 02:14:11 pm »

muzzer - see the post above yours.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

muzzer

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 02:40:46 pm »

Doh.
Thanks

noisyscott

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 12:11:15 am »

Relocating an SACD ISO with the rename function will render all the SACD ISO tracks unplayable.

- Copy existing ISO to new location (I was moving a chunk of my data to a new network drive)
- Tools>Library Tools>Rename, Move & Copy Files>Find & Replace the old path to the new path

The library entries are all still there, and the Locate>On Disk (external) function finds the ISO just fine, it's just that no tracks can be played.

noisyscott

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 01:07:26 am »

Other misc bugs I've encountered:

+ Caps lock does not work
-- engage caps lock
-- enter text in any field (tag, search, playlist/smartlist edit box, etc)

+  Standard mac text editing shortcuts do not work correctly
-- Opt+Arrow adds whitespace - expected behavior is to jump to beginning or end of word
-- CMD+Arrow works like Opt+Arrow should - expected behavior is to jump to beginning or end of a line, not word

+ Typing a key while a dropdown menu should jump to first item with that letter

+ Don't know if the Windows version does this, but it would be nice if MC stored the user's location in any screen/view, so that changing away and back to a playlist or library view would bring you back the same location you were in.  This keeps people from endlessly viewing the 'A' artists whenever switching modes, views or playlists

+ If Media Center is maximized on a secondary screen when there are multiple monitors, and the secondary screen is larger than the primary, selections in dropdowns will not be accurate and will lag behind the cursor arrow

+ If there are multiple monitors, context menu items (right click stuff)  only appear on the "primary" monitor

+ Files with $ or ` in them can be read from, but not written to

+ "Delete > Remove from Media Library" has to be done (at least) twice for it to actually work (maybe this is fixed now?)

+ Can't handle umlautted o's very well.  Working with and editing tags w/ name Björk, the text entry sometimes displays as Bjo rk, and then there ends up being two properly umlautted "Björk" entries in artist, but there's no way to tell which is which as they both display as "Björk"  (double checked that there was no space at the end either...)

+ Command+A does not select all

+ Using Library Tools > Clean File Properties > Fix Capitalization does not work on umlautted vowels (i.e. they stay uppercase)

MrC

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 01:14:15 am »

+ Don't know if the Windows version does this, but it would be nice if MC stored the user's location in any screen/view, so that changing away and back to a playlist or library view would bring you back the same location you were in.  This keeps people from endlessly viewing the 'A' artists whenever switching modes, views or playlists

Use the Forward and Back arrows at the left of the view tabs.

And/or create new Tabs when you're going to be doing different stuff in a view and want to quickly go back and forth.

MrC

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 11:43:57 am »

MC is not importing M3U8 playlists via Import Playlist.  Rename an m3u8 file from "playlist.m3u8" to "playlist.m3u" and MC will import.

Yahooboy

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 10:48:54 am »

When playing DSD files from internal speakers on iMac and plugging in headphones the speed of playback halves. Stopping playback and resuming after plugging in headphones gets playback speed back to normal.

MartinG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 03:45:01 pm »

As it was with previous versions I do have some Apple lossless files that do not get imported by JRiver. The files (in the present case 24bit/44.1kHz files) are said to be corrupt but when checking the files everything seems to be OK. Playing them with iTunes gives no cracks, gaps or any other disruptions. I also tried to shorten or rename the files to avoid any special character issues ... without success.

JohnT

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2014, 03:53:06 pm »

As it was with previous versions I do have some Apple lossless files that do not get imported by JRiver. The files (16bit/44.1kHz CD rip) are said to be corrupt but when checking the files everything seems to be OK. Playing them with iTunes gives no cracks, gaps or any other disruptions. I also tried to shorten or rename the files to avoid any special character issues ... without success.
Could you send me one of those files (Dropbox ?) so I can take a look here?  Thanks.  johnt at jriver dot com

banger

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2014, 02:54:37 pm »

I continue to have problems creating playlists.  When I drag a song to either the create a playlist area on the bottom left or to the playlist directly to the left, JRiver crashes.  This occurs consistently.  Any help would be appreciated.

MartinG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2014, 02:38:40 am »

Jim, I have to post this again, as it is no question but a bug to my opinion:
"Selecting a 96kHz/24bit hires file for playback after listening to a 192kHz/24bit file causes the 96kHz file to stutter."
Your reply "That might be the DAC.  You could use MC's DSP Output Format settings to resample everything to the same rate." for me is just a workaround but no solution. I found another post in the forum where a user with different configuration has similar problems with sample rate switching.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2014, 07:09:09 am »

Have you reported this to the DAC manufacturer?  Please start a new thread on the problem and provide more details.

Resampling is a reasonable solution until you can find a better one.

Isaacc7

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2014, 08:47:22 pm »

I'm having some strange behavior with JRiver 19 for Mac. I'm on a mid 2011 27" iMac, OS 10.9.3. I'm using the optical out to my DAC. Just downloaded the trial and I'm going nuts...

As a baseline, I can play via iTunes and Spotify with no problems. I can play high bit ALAC in iTunes @96khz with no problem. Curiously, Spotify shows the same...

Using JRiver is a completely different matter.

When I play the same files that are 96KHz in iTunes I only get 48 KHz through JRiver. Aha! My midi settings must be off. I check and get really confused. The speakers panel is indeed set at 48KHz. It displays options up to 96KHz to change it to but does not allow it to be changed. When I pick 96Khz, it acts as if nothing has changed and keeps it at 48KHz. I then noticed that the Midi Control panel shows that an airplay device is playing. I check the system sound panel and sure enough, it has picked my apple TV as the output. Even stranger is the fact that the sound is still coming from my DAC despite the sound settings being set to apple tv. Clicking on optical output makes no difference.

I open iTunes to check and I can't get any sound at all. It acts as if it is playing but nothing comes out. Well, it has shifted my iTunes to use the Apple TV as well! All this time Midi Setup is showing my apple tv is the output. I close Media center, turn off airplay in iTunes,  midi setup goes to internal speakers and I get sound again. It has reset the output frequency to 48. I select 96 again and all is well.

Thought that was strange but I remembered a setting saying that Media Center gets unique access (or something to that effect). I figure that is what is preventing me playing iTunes while Media Center is open. With iTunes closed, I disable the unique access setting in media center. I can select internal speakers in midi control panel and select higher frequencies. But get this, as I change the frequencies, the music itself gets faster or slower depending on what frequency I pick! Bizarre to say the least. So I rechecked the box and went back to the old set up.

Here's my appraisal of the situation... It looks as though Media Center is somehow getting stuck on airplay as the output device. While sound is still coming out of my DAC, it gets stuck with the lower output frequency. I have the device set to Core audio. I have tried setting it to core audio internal but it doesn't make any difference. I'm hoping to be able to use Media Center as a DLNA server to serve up some DSD files both to my DAC (which can't read them natively) and a new receiver (which can via Dop). Please let me know if you need more info, I'd like to get this figured out! Thanks!

JohnT

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 11:05:49 am »

I'm having some strange behavior with JRiver 19 for Mac. I'm on a mid 2011 27" iMac, OS 10.9.3. I'm using the optical out to my DAC. Just downloaded the trial and I'm going nuts...

As a baseline, I can play via iTunes and Spotify with no problems. I can play high bit ALAC in iTunes @96khz with no problem. Curiously, Spotify shows the same...

Using JRiver is a completely different matter.

When I play the same files that are 96KHz in iTunes I only get 48 KHz through JRiver.

Did you ensure the correct audio device was selected in [Options > Audio > Audio Device]?  If all your music is playing at 48 KHz out of JRiver, there's a good chance your DSP Studio is changing them.  Open DSP studio and see if "Output Format" is checked and changing the sample rate.  If so, try unchecking it and testing again. 

Isaacc7

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2014, 08:50:04 pm »

I made sure that the audio device was on core audio. I also made sure that DSP studio was not on.

Did some more experiments. It reaffirms my initial diagnosis although it is kind of odd behavior.

I disconnected both of my airplay devices and waited to make sure they did not show up in my system preferences any longer. Selected the optical output on my Mac into my DAC. In Audio Midi setup I was able to select 96KHz on "built in output" and that is what was output to the DAC when I played both iTunes and Spotify. Played a hi-res file on media center and... success! The 96Khz files played at 96, the 88.2 played at 88.2, etc.

Here's where it gets odd. While playing an 88.2KHz file, I plugged the Apple TV back in. Music kept playing at 88.2. Checked the Audio Midi panel and sure enough, it was showing the music was being played via Airplay. Still, I figured if it was still playing through my DAC no biggie. But when I went back to the 96KHz file, it was only being played back at 88.2! The airplay icon was showing that it was playing in Audio Midi setup and of course the output frequency on that is locked to 44.1. Went to "internal speaker" and it was set at 88.2. Figured that must be what I was only getting 88.2 out but I can't go any higher now. It shows 96KHz but it will not allow me to select it.

So I'm sticking with my initial supposition, there is something weird going on with Media Center and Airplay. If I don't have any airplay devices on my network it looks like things behave the way they should. As soon as I put them back on the network, strange things start happening. Let me know if there's more info I can send you, looking forward to making full use of this software!

Thanks

muzzer

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2014, 04:41:47 am »

I thought the new ATV resamples everything to 48KHz.

Isaacc7

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2014, 08:00:50 am »

It does, and the airport express does everything at 44.1. The important thing for me is that JRiver is being affected by the presence of airplay devices on the network. It's weird.

Isaacc7

• Recent member
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2014, 09:12:37 pm »

Another odd airplay issue. I am now running 19.0.131. One of my airplay devices is an airport express. It is set up as airplay only with no wireless. It is connected via Ethernet. Sat down to listen to music and noticed that the network activity light was flashing like mad despite nothing was playing. Reset the airport express and the access point. No change, lots of network activity to the airport express with nothing playing. Went back and checked on my iMac and JRiver was open, but not playing anything. When I quit jriver, the network activity stopped.

This is repeatable, if jriver is open, the iMac is automatically switched to the airport express as the output in system preferences and even when nothing is playing, there is a lot of activity to the airport express as long as jriver is running. This activity also prevents regular airplay activity to be used.

Is there some sort of log I could send to help out? It isn't a crash so I don't know where to look...

Serg.xa

• Recent member
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2014, 03:19:41 am »

how to assign a keyboard button (space) - stop \ pause?
Pages: [1]   Go Up