INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help With Audio Analysis And Dynamic Range  (Read 2368 times)

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
Help With Audio Analysis And Dynamic Range
« on: May 02, 2014, 09:20:07 am »

I'm sure it staring me in the face but I couldn't find how to use the Audio Analysis tool to capture dynamic range readings for my files.

Previously when using iTunes I used an offline tool to obtain DR and then used the Grouping to tag the DR value. That value imported into JRiver. Later on (as insane as it sounds) I manually tagged that DR value into the Dynamic Range field in JRiver. I would like to replace those values eliminating the Grouping tag entirely and replacing the Dynamic Range value with those obtained by using the JRiver tool.

My problem is I cannot find in the Wiki where and how to do this. Can it be done as a batch?  Would it replace the values already in the fields?  I know I would have to edit the Grouping myself. Any instruction or pointing me in the right direction is appreciated.
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Help With Audio Analysis And Dynamic Range
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 11:14:24 am »

Search R128 here:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Tags

See the footnotes for the fields and follow the links.  Note that those tags are MC tags, and MC will write compatibility tags for files.  After analysis, select a file, and to a tag dump on the file (Tag Action Window, click the top line indicating the file type, length and duration.  You'll see the compatibility tags (which differ based on file type).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up