INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing WebGizmo - Wiki?  (Read 1713 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Installing WebGizmo - Wiki?
« on: May 04, 2014, 09:03:40 am »

I read over on AVS forum about JRiver's webGizmo for iphone users, and thought I'd try it out.

Is there something missing from the Wiki instructions?
Where do I go to get the app and what do I need to do on the iphone to get this to work? WeGizmo is not in the apple store.
the instructions here http://jriver.com/webgizmo.html don't give me enough to figure this out. Do I need to install MC on my iphone (is that even possible)?
Sorry, I'm not very good with these things - but a good example of a MC noobi.

I'm posting here because I know you guys are working on updating the Wiki - and (to me) this is the kind of thing that needs to be updated/explained.
_______________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________
From Wiki (for Gizmo): This I can understand, but doesn't apply for webGizmo.
Installing Gizmo

1. Download and install the trial version of JRiver Media Center on your PC. A wireless LAN and Internet access are required to use Gizmo.

If you plan to use Gizmo outside your home network, you will need to open your firewall for the port used (found in the Media Network section of MC options). See Network Access for more information.

2. In Media Network options, check the feature called "Use Media Network to share this Library".

3. Set "Authentication" in the same place. You are entering a login name and password that will later be entered on the phone.

4. On your Android phone, choose the "Play Store" icon and search for "Gizmo". Install the one from J River.

5. When you run Gizmo on your phone, you'll be asked for an access key. It will be found in the Media Network options in MC (see picture below).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Installing WebGizmo - Wiki?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 09:14:57 am »

WebGizmo is not the same as Gizmo.  The Gizmo instructions aren't relevant.

WebGizmo runs from a browser.  You don't install anything on your phone.

You must have Media Network turned on.

For iOS, consider JRemote.  It's on the Apple store.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 10:51:14 am »

Something is broken on this page:
http://jriver.com/webgizmo.html

If I enter my Access Key, it works if I choose the outside option, but not the inside one.  We'll check it.

You can test this from any PC.  To use it from your phone, use your phone's browser.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 12:49:54 pm »

That works for both inside and outside in my case. In the authentication dialog, I see the URL so I recognize my inside and outside ip addresses.

Make sure you're running the latest version from the top of the board ;)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 02:01:50 pm »

I wonder if it's a problem on Win8 with IE11.
Pages: [1]   Go Up