INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 480i Output Is it possible?  (Read 738 times)

Glimmie

• Junior Woodchuck
480i Output Is it possible?
« on: May 05, 2014, 02:39:37 pm »

Can JRiver and it's plugins output a native 480i signal from a DVD? That means do the MPEG2 decode to 480i, upsample the chroma to 422 as required, and NOTHING MORE?

I have a Nvidia FX4000 card with the SDI option and this card can produce true broadcast compliant 480i SDI.

Why?

I am currently using Tvedia with an SDI equipped Xcard, yes vintage 2005 stuff. But I also have a very good broadcast quality image processor (Digital Vision DVNR 1000) that does very good noise reduction and non-ring image enhancement. I then run through a Teranex up converter. On video originated material I have yet to see PC based processing as good on a 130in screen. I do acknowledge PC based DVD film deinterlacing is very good, but that's because it's so easy to do with 24frame material on a DVD. Video captured material is another matter.

But let's not have a hardware vs software image processing debate. I just want to know if JRiver can output native 480i like the old Xcard does. And again I am using a Nvidia FX4000 video card that supports true 480i SDI.

TIA.

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: 480i Output Is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 04:24:55 pm »

If you are able to select it as a resolution in Windows, you can probably select it for your output in Media Center.

I don't know that there's an option to disable aspect ratio correction in Media Center though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up