INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View settings not being saved  (Read 1438 times)

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Theater View settings not being saved
« on: May 02, 2014, 01:29:40 pm »

Media Center not saving settings after close in Theater View > Items To Show.
Go into Tools > Options
Select Theater View
Make some changes within Items To Show
e.g. Select Video > Movies > Name, Click Move Down so that Grid is now above Name
Click OK then close Media Center
Reopen and go back into options and check settings they will now be back at defaults

If anyone else can verify this I would be greatful

Twit

• Junior Woodchuck
Theater View settings not being saved
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 02:58:49 am »

thecrow

Media Center not saving settings after close in Theater View > Items To Show.
Go into Tools > Options
Select Theater View
Make some changes within Items To Show
e.g. Select Video > Movies > Name, Click Move Down so that Grid is now above Name
Click OK then close Media Center
Reopen and go back into options and check settings they will now be back at defaults

If anyone else can verify this I would be greatful

Nope - This works here (Win7 X64)

Si.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Theater View settings not being saved
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 06:28:06 am »

If you're using MC in a client / server mode with Library Server, the settings need to be set on the server side.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 09:01:03 am »

If you're using MC in a client / server mode with Library Server, the settings need to be set on the server side.

This is probably what it is.

Theater View settings are part of the Library.  Library settings are set on the Server-side.  Client side settings "work" but only until you restart the Client, upon which they revert to the Server's settings.  The same applies if you move Views around and whatnot in Standard View.

The alternative (and less likely) explanation is that your Library is somehow opening read-only.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 11:08:22 am »

The amount of times something like this comes up, it seems like it would be a good option if people could enable clients to sync preferences over to the server.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 02:06:53 pm »

The amount of times something like this comes up, it seems like it would be a good option if people could enable clients to sync preferences over to the server.

The ability to sync Library changes to the Server would be awesome indeed, but I suspect that's a complicated architectural change.

It also has potential downsides.  I like that my HTPC is "blocked" from messing up the Library structure and Views.  It enables you to easily set the "default", and it is easy for my end-users (spouse and daughter) to "reset" it if they get lost by simply closing and re-opening it.

If Theater View remembered the last-active View like it does directly on the Server, and allowed changes in Standard View, I'd actually have more trouble and want to turn it off.

In that case.  In others, it would be mega convenient though, so I'd love some optional way to do it.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 07:06:19 am »

Thanks for the replies guys.
I am indeed using MC in Client Server mode so that would explain it.
The fact that editing setting in the client produced the desired effect until a restart confused me.
I love the ability to program and edit almost everything but it does lead to some confusion every now and then.
Although it is a price worth paying when it means I can make the interface do what I want.
Thanks again

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 07:20:32 am »

It also has potential downsides.  I like that my HTPC is "blocked" from messing up the Library structure and Views.  It enables you to easily set the "default", and it is easy for my end-users (spouse and daughter) to "reset" it if they get lost by simply closing and re-opening it.
Well that's why I suggest that it be an option - either server-side, or on a per-client basis.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 02:05:54 pm »

Well that's why I suggest that it be an option - either server-side, or on a per-client basis.

Yeah.  Not disagreeing.  Just, mostly, thinking out loud.  For my money, I think I'd prefer a server-side option, but I haven't thought it out in great detail.

As I said above, though, I think that's a pretty huge project.  Ergo: Not MC19 kind of thing.  I'm guessing, though, of course.

Pages: [1]   Go Up