INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSD Conversion Issue - Hidden Files  (Read 1475 times)

WaterDog

DSD Conversion Issue - Hidden Files
« on: May 07, 2014, 07:52:52 am »

I'm having a new problem that just started. When I go to convert a DSD file to AIFF format, the file processes normally in the progress bar, the directories are created where they should be, a temporary conversion file is created and when the conversion is complete the temp file disappears and the folder appears empty. If I look at the info for the folder the size reflects the large file I would expect. I enabled hidden files and see the file in there but it is a hidden file and the name has been truncated to only ".aif". If I batch an albums worth of files I end up with one hidden large file also named ".aif".  Any ideas?  ?

I'm on build 19.0.124 but this started happening with the last version (don't recall what it was but I stay up to date). Prior to this recent issue I was able to convert quite successfully. Really enjoy the sound quality of DSD on MC. Even when downconverted to CD for the car they sound amazing.

Jeff

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: DSD Conversion Issue - Hidden Files
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 02:13:15 pm »

I just ran a test conversion DSF to AIF and it worked OK.

Maybe try ruling out some kind of file naming or permission issue:

Try converting one DSF file on your Mac's hard drive (make sure you can play it OK first).  In the converter options, set "Convert to this directory:" to your standard "Music" folder. Set Mode to "Leave original file; add destination file to library".  Don't enable any of the other options.  Try the conversion.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

WaterDog

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 05:36:45 pm »

Thanks for replying, John. I'll give it a shot.

WaterDog

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 05:34:28 am »

So, it worked fine sending the converted files to the Music folder but not to the source folder which is on an external drive. Could have sworn I was able to do this before but perhaps not. Anyway, must be a permissions issue but I'm still surprised it actually writes and stores data as opposed to just refusing to write anything. 

Thanks for your suggestion. At least I have a workaround. Keep up the great work developing this product. ;D

Jeff

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 09:16:56 am »

Glad you have work-around.  If you browse to that external drive folder in Finder and try creating a file in it (like a text file or something), can you do it?

I'll run some tests converting to external drives and see if I run into problems.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up