INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what movie scrapper do you used?  (Read 2064 times)

raider

• Junior Woodchuck
what movie scrapper do you used?
« on: May 08, 2014, 08:07:22 am »

Hi, I am trying to migrate all my movies from xbmc to jriver. I use Ember media manager to scrap all the movies but jriver does not recognize the metadata and while I can use jriver to scrap again, the process is very slow and inaccurate. Some videos are recognized incorrectly etc.

I have googled and it appears that MyMovies's metadata is supported by jriver. I am wondering what other video scrappers do you guys use? Thanks.

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: what movie scrapper do you used?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 08:37:45 am »

I have googled and it appears that MyMovies's metadata is supported by jriver. I am wondering what other video scrappers do you guys use? Thanks.

I just let JRiver do it's thing. I haven't had any bad data in a long long time. I always get the right cover art and details using the IMDB lookup.

VP

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 10:27:30 am »

Hi, I am trying to migrate all my movies from xbmc to jriver. I use Ember media manager to scrap all the movies but jriver does not recognize the metadata and while I can use jriver to scrap again, the process is very slow and inaccurate. Some videos are recognized incorrectly etc.

But MC scrapes data already...?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 12:27:50 pm »

I just let JRiver do it's thing. I haven't had any bad data in a long long time.

Same here.  Works great for both Movies and TV Shows.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Al ex

Re: AW: Re: what movie scrapper do you used?
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 03:37:49 pm »

Same here.  Works great for both Movies and TV Shows.

Absolutely!

astromo

• MC Beta Team
Re: what movie scraper do you used?
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 11:22:34 pm »

From the Wiki:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/TV_Shows_-_Series,_Seasons_%26_Episodes
I play close attention to thetvdb.com regarding naming specifics to ensure best success.

Regarding movies, the Wiki has this entry that I just noticed now:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/MyMovies
I've not used that option but as others have mentioned already, the standard MC deal works a treat. And along the same lines as thetvdb, I just make sure that the movie name lines up with the entries listed at themoviedb.org.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up