INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: program not saving?  (Read 1416 times)

kens

• Recent member
program not saving?
« on: May 08, 2014, 08:19:56 am »

I am new to Mac and I am trying to set up a Mac Mini as a dedicated music server. when I download J River it appears to work OK but when I shut it down  the program disappears from the desktop as if it was not saved.

There doesn't seem to be any other option other than download.

any help is appreciated. thanks Ken

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: program not saving?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 09:19:29 am »

After download, you have to "run" it.  Double click on the downloaded file and it should show you a window where you can drag the Media Center icon to the Applications folder.  Then it will be installed.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

kens

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 02:52:46 pm »

When I double click it opens a message from jriver saying something about the license I can open jriver from launch pad but it takes 20 minutes. Now how do I access my library that is on a ext drive. Thanks for your patience

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 03:02:15 pm »

I am new to Mac and I am trying to set up a Mac Mini as a dedicated music server. when I download J River it appears to work OK but when I shut it down  the program disappears from the desktop as if it was not saved.
On a Mac, you typically do not install applications. They are distributed as .dmg files, which are disk images.
These are mounted to the system as a virtual drive (i.e. shows up on the desktop and the Finder sidebar) and you then drag the application file from there to your Applications folder to "install" it.

It sounds like you are running it from the disk image rather than the Applications folder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up