INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Managing Multiple Libraries  (Read 1169 times)

davidalt

• Recent member
Managing Multiple Libraries
« on: May 14, 2014, 11:57:57 am »

I have an external 3TB Hard Drive with my collection of Classical Music. On my laptop's internal Hard Drive, I have all of my modern music. I would ideally like to have 2 separate libraries depending on what I am in the mood for. However, Since my computer is a laptop, I frequently have to unplug the external Hard Drive and then plug it back later. This makes me lose my classical library each time. It can be very frustrating.
Is there a way (assuming, of course, that I plug the Hard Drive in to the same USB port every time) for JRiver to automatically get all the data each time from the Hard Drive instead of making me update it every time?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Managing Multiple Libraries
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 12:41:39 pm »

You could try using one library for all your media, but creating two different users - one with access to the classical stuff, and the other with access to modern. The admin user will have access to everything, so you'd have three users over all.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82733.0

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 12:55:44 pm »

I wouldn't even set up separate users, I'd just use different library views for each type of content.

Vincent Kars

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 03:50:12 pm »

Is there a way (assuming, of course, that I plug the Hard Drive in to the same USB port every time) for JRiver to automatically get all the data each time from the Hard Drive instead of making me update it every time?

Normally the “library” is the database residing on the local HD.
The audio files are e.g. on an external HD.
Inside the database there is a path to the audio files including of course the drive letter.
If you get a different drive letter each time you plug in then of course the correspondence between library and audio files is lost.

If this is your problem try http://www.howtogeek.com/96298/assign-a-static-drive-letter-to-a-usb-drive-in-windows-7/

Pages: [1]   Go Up