INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Astell & Kern AK240  (Read 3944 times)

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
  • Keep on doing mambo ...
Astell & Kern AK240
« on: May 09, 2014, 07:45:29 am »

Hey guys,

I am now the proud owner of an AK240. It is truly an awesome device with superior sound quality. I have a  lot of old salsa music with bad quality. Very often the CD producers use mp3's for their CD's, terrible. But even those songs sound better than ever.

I have more issues with MC19 then I expected. As mentioned before the support for devices is not the best part of MC (anymore). At this moment I can't see track information through MC on my AK240. Syncing with music can go fast, but also slowwww. And many other things, that are not always consistent.

A very good thing is that ape in extra high compression, and flac in compression 8 is played beautifull by the AK240. Ape has the best compression ratio and therefore the best for me. I will use flac with higher resolution songs.

JimH, you mentioned in another topic that you have teamed up with the A&K team. What will be the result of that?

If anyone has questions about the AK240, just ask  ;D

Marsies .....

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Astell & Kern AK240
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 05:29:44 am »

I don't know why but the MC connection does not seem to work anymore. Out of 50 songs only 1 get's transferred to my AK240. The rest results in an 'error' in the status column. And I don't see any differences in the few songs that do get transferred.

Also when you look in MC there is no proper listing anymore of the songs. Only the name of the song and format. The rest is gone. On the AK240 itself everything is in order, runs smooth.

Don't have a clue what to do. The AK240 only talks MTP ..

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 07:31:31 am »

I don't know why but the MC connection does not seem to work anymore. Out of 50 songs only 1 get's transferred to my AK240. The rest results in an 'error' in the status column. And I don't see any differences in the few songs that do get transferred.

Also when you look in MC there is no proper listing anymore of the songs. Only the name of the song and format. The rest is gone. On the AK240 itself everything is in order, runs smooth.

Don't have a clue what to do. The AK240 only talks MTP ..

Another user recently had problems doing syncs with the AK240: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=88637.msg608086#msg608086

I'm not sure he found a solution, unfortunately.

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 11:32:12 am »

Hey mwillems thanks for the reply.

This question in my initial post refers to your link.
JimH, you mentioned in another topic that you have teamed up with the A&K team. What will be the result of that?

From that post I understand that problems might be caused by the MTP mode. I have a Sony device in MTP and that works fine.
Now that I have invested in such an expensive player I can't properly use it with MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up