INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice for a new user  (Read 1123 times)

_Rob

Advice for a new user
« on: May 11, 2014, 09:22:38 am »

hi,
After a bit of research I have taken the plunge and bought jriver - I like its emphasis on audio quality.
Have just moved house and am determined to migrate to purely pc based music storage (never did like cd's).
My collection of music is scattered amongst CD's, wav's, flac's and even some mp3's. I like discovering new music on BBC (6&3) and internet radio.
I am going to rip all my CD's to pc and try and buy as much as my music as poss in future as high res audio files.
My setup is :
Quad ESL 57's
Home brewed amp
benchmark DAC1

My question is

Ideally I want to wirelessly stream all sources in the digital domain (up to 24/192)  from the pc/laptop to the DAC (which only decodes PCM - so any non PCM sources (like net radio) would have to be transcoded on the fly) via something which plugs into the DAC1's usb interface (recognised by windows without propriatry drivers)

I was hoping that this will be as simple as buying one piece of kit which just plugs into the USB of the DAC and networks with my wireless network. 
But looking around it seems most devices include a DAC which I dont want as the benchmark is much better.

Could anyone be so kind as to point me in the right direction please ?

thanks for your time

brgds
Rob

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Advice for a new user
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 10:39:46 am »

http://www.sonore.us/SOtM1.html

You would still need a wireless AP if you cannot run ethernet.

_Rob

Re: Advice for a new user
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 12:06:08 am »

thanks Bryan - so there is no wireless solution ?
If I use a squeezebox touch - how would jriver integrate with that ?
brgds
Pages: [1]   Go Up