INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skins on MBP Retina  (Read 4167 times)

jaredean

• Recent member
Skins on MBP Retina
« on: May 15, 2014, 06:37:36 pm »

My biggest pet peeve is not having the track playing show up highlighted somehow.  I want to glance over at the list of track and be able to see the one that is playing nice and bright.  Most of the skins don't show the playing track at all, or if they do it is very subtle.  The ones that do are either messed up at the top display (text overlapping the skin) or just aren't very appealing visually...

What other options for skins are out there?  Can the ones that are default be tweaked to highlight the current playing track a bit better?

jared

jimm2

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Skins on MBP Retina
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 11:02:40 am »

I see no one responded to your question so I'll take a shot.

I believe the only retina compatible skin is the default Noire skin so the skin options right now are pretty limited. The good news is the skin can be tweaked. Like you, I wasn't a big fan of the standard skin so I modified it a bit and you're welcome to try my modified version.

Here's where I posted it. Check post 6 for the download link. Post 10 explains where to put the skin files.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85958.0

If you want to modify the text color of the currently playing track, you can do this by editing the main.xml file with a text editor. The wiki explains this but not in great detail. Look in the main.xml file for the code section called "List". Here you can change the hex color codes for the currently playing text. For example you could change the color to red so it stands out more.

One key thing to remember is that when you update Media Center, it will overwrite these modified files so you need to keep a copy of them and manually copy them back in place each time you update.

Good luck.

groovyd

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 08:48:43 pm »

Simple modification to the 'Noire Fix' skin that uses inverse (black background) color scheme simply change the main.xml <Colors> tag between the <LIST> tags to this...

<LIST>
  <Colors Text="eeeeee" back="000000" SelectedText="000000" SelectedBack="cccccc" Current="eeeeee" GridlineBack="222222" Gridline=“ccccccc” />
</LIST> 

If anyone figures out how to invert the left side tree menu to match as well please let me know...

jimm2

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 08:24:37 pm »

If anyone figures out how to invert the left side tree menu to match as well please let me know...

If I understand your question correctly and you're trying to change the background color of the tree section, I believe this is controlled by the tree_background.png file. If you change the color of this image in a photo editor, I think this should change the background color of the tree section.

The text colors for the tree can be changed in the Tree code section in the main.xml file. This section of code is right before  the List section.

Hope that helps.

groovyd

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 09:09:08 am »

yes i couldn't figure out how to change the bg color, only the text.  this explains it, cheers... once i fix that file for the dark bg i will post it for others here.  noire fix is way better then stock... i think it should be the default skin for mac version.

jimm2

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 09:42:36 pm »

Glad to hear you're enjoying the skin and look forward to seeing what you come up with.

groovyd

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 09:57:13 pm »

I made the changes and a few more and much prefer the dark theme which is way easier on the eyes.  Anyone interested let me know and I will send you the files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up