INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sample rate problem  (Read 2352 times)

MartinG

• Junior Woodchuck
Sample rate problem
« on: May 17, 2014, 07:42:39 am »

Selecting a 96kHz/24bit hires file for playback after listening to a 192kHz/24bit file causes the 96kHz file to stutter.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Sample rate problem
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 07:51:23 am »

Selecting a 96kHz/24bit hires file for playback after listening to a 192kHz/24bit file causes the 96kHz file to stutter.
That might be the DAC.  You could use MC's DSP Output Format settings to resample everything to the same rate.

Please start a thread for any questions.

MartinG

• Junior Woodchuck
Sample rate problem
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 08:09:45 am »

Hi Jim.
I already wrote about the sample rate issue above. I don't think it is caused by the DAC primarily, as this kind of problem only occurs when using JRiver. With iTunes this kind of problems are unknown. But iTunes does not sound half as good and moreover it does not support Acourate filters that I use with JRiver.
I just recognised that there is a new Devialet update and in the section bugfixes of the DevialetAir it says: "Fix the autoswitch". Maybe this fix solves my speed and sample rate switching problems. I will let you know.

MartinG

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Sample rate problem
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 10:59:28 am »

No. Update to Devialet Firmware 7.1 and DevialetAir 2.1.2 changed nothing. Everything as before. Disconnects when using JRiver and changing e.g. from 44.1 to 96kHz.
As this now is copied to an own thread, I use JRiver version .131.

MartinG

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Sample rate problem
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 08:32:27 am »

Jim, you want me to reply in this thread and I will do so.
Actually I just can stipulate, it is no DAC problem, as the DAC (which is a Devialet) works perfectly with JRiver under Windows and runs perfectly with itunes under MAC. But I'll get this sample rate issue with the JRiver MAC version 19. And I want to use the MAC version for several reasons!

And the second point: You suggested re-sampling to e.g. 96kHz for all files. Well, where are the disadvantages of this solution? Do we have any sound improvement or degradation?
Pages: [1]   Go Up