INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 19 as a DLNA Player with external DLNA Server  (Read 1804 times)

Eugene

MC 19 as a DLNA Player with external DLNA Server
« on: May 18, 2014, 06:30:23 am »

I use NAIM HDX as a server and I am not able to playback files on MC 19 locally from it. How can I play music on MC locally from external Servers? I see my Naim HDX Server in the list of libraries on MC but I am not able to load it or at least to look at HDX folders.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 19 as a DLNA Player with external DLNA Server
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 08:35:55 am »

Welcome to the forum.  The wiki has a DLNA topic that might help.

If you can't "load" the DLNA Server's library, it may be a problem on the Naim side.

Is the Naim also a file server?  If so, you can import the files into MC.  Tools/Import/Auto-import.  Add it, then edit to choose what you want to import.

Eugene

Re: MC 19 as a DLNA Player with external DLNA Server
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 10:51:11 am »

Thank you for a reply. Unfortunately wiki article didn't help. I see Naim HDX Server in the list but when I try to load its library I get a message "There was a problem retrieving files from the selected DLNA Server. Please ensure that the server you are connecting to supports search, and that it is running properly. Your library may be incomplete until you correct the problem and reload the library". It seems strange as Naim works properly with other devices (e.g. AV receiver and PS3).
Pages: [1]   Go Up