INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone have auto import working?  (Read 3004 times)

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
Does anyone have auto import working?
« on: May 18, 2014, 03:09:15 pm »

Currently running build 129 on ubuntu 14.04
I dont think auto import has ever worked how I believe it's supposed to work. I have to use "run auto import now" option to discover new ripped flies etc in the music directory. But it doesnt auto import by itself, my understanding is MC will every now and then check for itself and add to the current library - works fine on my windows machines running MC on Win7, but my primary library is on linux with Windows machines sharing.
Following is definitely enabled (I think it's the default setting)
Tools > Options > Libraries & Folders > Auto-Import > Run auto-import in background.
So is this feature working in MC for Linux? or is there an issue with my particular setup?
thanks, Robert
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Does anyone have auto import working?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 03:41:23 am »

Bob has been working on auto-import, and while its not 100% there yet, it should be functional soon.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 04:04:44 pm »

Yes, definitely soon! appears to be working as of version 135, just upgraded and tried it out, new album appeared as if by magic! many thanks
19.0.135 (5/9/2014)

1. Fixed: The watch folders function.
2. Fixed: A memory leak from above.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 04:50:39 am »

After a few days using v135, it seems that MC will add 1 new album only with auto import. If I restart MC then it will auto import 1 more album. So this feature, at least for me, is partially working.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 12:58:15 pm »

I'll check it.
Restarting MC always checks the import folder so it might be completely broken.

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 04:14:28 pm »

thanks.
MC was restarted earlier today, just dumped 3 new albums onto the NAS and the first one has appeared auto imported. I'm going to leave it sit awhile and see what happens. If nothing, then I'll restart and report back if it imports just 1 or both that are new.
[edited to add]
left it all night and no further auto imports happened. closed and relaunched, and 1 more album was auto imported. so definitely stopping after 1 new folder found.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 01:30:16 pm »

thanks.
MC was restarted earlier today, just dumped 3 new albums onto the NAS and the first one has appeared auto imported. I'm going to leave it sit awhile and see what happens. If nothing, then I'll restart and report back if it imports just 1 or both that are new.
[edited to add]
left it all night and no further auto imports happened. closed and relaunched, and 1 more album was auto imported. so definitely stopping after 1 new folder found.
Actually, that's very interesting.
I would have expected the close and relaunch to import 2 albums!
How (cifs, nfs, etc) and where is your NAS mounted on your linux filesystem?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 01:41:06 pm »

Actually, that's very interesting.
I would have expected the close and relaunch to import 2 albums!
How (cifs, nfs, etc) and where is your NAS mounted on your linux filesystem?

Just tested this and it worked fine.
I'm wondering if you have a bad file on your NAS that's stopping the import?
You might be able to see this if you turn logging on.
Also, how many watchfolders do you have??

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 03:01:05 pm »

maybe i have confused the matter as the nas and the linux install are one and the same! it's just a box running ubuntu 14.04 with a couple of drives mounted and MC19 installed. watched folders = 1 /media/Drive A/My Music/. (It also acts as a "NAS" as far as my laptop etc are concerned - that's windows 7 and can see the music folder etc via samba shares.)
I know if I do "run auto import now" MC will find everything available.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 03:56:03 pm »

maybe i have confused the matter as the nas and the linux install are one and the same! it's just a box running ubuntu 14.04 with a couple of drives mounted and MC19 installed. watched folders = 1 /media/Drive A/My Music/. (It also acts as a "NAS" as far as my laptop etc are concerned - that's windows 7 and can see the music folder etc via samba shares.)
I know if I do "run auto import now" MC will find everything available.
Ah, I though you were mounting a standalone NAS on the linux box.
Not sure why you are seeing what you see. The watch folders function supposedly triggers an auto-import on any change in any watch folder.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 12:03:39 pm »

There is a problem with the watch descending the tree.
It's on the todo list. Hopefully fixed soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up